HELP installing windows on formated disk problem!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robin_d, Nov 14, 2013.

1. robin_d

robin_d MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2013
    hey when i boot up the "windows 7 home premium x64" ISO file om my USB i get the message :
    A winpeshl.ini file is present, but no commands were successfully launched. This could be caused by incorrect formatting or an invalid executable name. Please consult the documentation for more information.
    X:\windows\system32>".

(i am trying to install Windows 7 again since i formated the disk completely. i have product lisence key.)

i used HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to format USB drive, then used WinSetupfromUSB 1.0 to burn/write ISO file to USB. booted up and got that message.

i found this somewhere, but i have NO CLUE on how to do that please help, or say if this is BS and you got another way for me to fix my problem.

Edit the file "WindowsSetup_x64.cmd"

Find the following line: "COPY /Y %~dp0\x64\WindowsSetup_x64.exe %TEMP%\MOUNT\Windows\system32\WindowsSetup_x86.exe "

Edit the line toward the end where it says "WindowsSetup_x86.exe" to read "WindowsSetup_x64.exe"

Save the file and rerun it to rebuild the correct iso.

2. robin_d

robin_d MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2013
    any idea if it would help if i used another ISO to USB burner or if ISO to disk would work?

3. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  4. ilko_t

ilko_t MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2012
    Have a look at winsetupfromusb (.com)/blog/

Re-download the program, or replace only the file mentioned, or delete the ADS. In either case, recreate the USB disk. That should get you going.