HELP! - Insyde H2O BIOS recovery failed in a dead Acer TM4730G!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by dvvz, Nov 7, 2009.

1. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    I bricked my Acer TM4730G (with Insyde H2O BIOS) the day before, and tried the following procedure, but failed:

-get the official .FD file of the VERY version when it came to me for my notebook, copy and rename them to the first 1, 2, ..., 8 digits, .FD and .BIN;
    -put newly named file(s) on a FAT16 USB stick (or a blank CD-RW, MS-DOS bootable, or GRUB installed, or with the .FD image into the boot sector of the CD, or just a BLANK one), plug it (or the CD, or both) in the notebook;
    -unplug notebook;
    -remove battery;
    -unit (removed any usb devices, and even HDD, anything else?) off, press and hold Fn+Esc (mine are probably NOT anything else);
    -plug in AC power while holding those buttons, at this moment it's power LED , together with the LED on the Power Button, flashed an orange color, only once, just a blink;
    -turn on notebook (pressed the Power Button while holding Fn+Esc), let go of all buttons, then the LED lights come on, and the fan began to output an abnormal wind speed and noise, for only about 2~5 seconds, at the same time the USB stick flashed once (just once) and the DVD-rom tried to read something, but they seemed to find noting, for I think it had hardly any time to read anything from the USB disk or the CD;
    -then the machine powered down itself and never wakeup, even if press any button;
    -the notebook would NOT made ANY beep at all;
    -pluged off the book, repluged it, pressed the Power button in the normal way, the book would be turned on for 1~3 seconds, trying to read something, and powered off itself, then 1~3 seconds later it powered on itself again, then off, ..., repeatedly, endlessly;

Does the filenames missmatches my systems motherboard code?
    How can I find the right name of it?
    Would you please HELP me?:confused:

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Have you tried that exactly?
    Rename it to the first 4 digits and .BIN?

Capital letters? Try both...bin also....often the recovery routine is case sensitive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    I renamed my OFFICIAL file from JALA0118.fd to JALA.BIN, JALA.bin, jala.BIN and jala.bin, then put one by one or all of them in a newly formated USB stick, FAT, 128MB, but still not functioning.

What's happening inside?

So let's check out the procedures here:
    -get the proper .FD file for your notebook, rename it to the first 4 digits and .BIN (I renamed my OFFICIAL file from JALA0118.fd to JALA.BIN, JALA.bin, jala.BIN and jala.bin);
    -put newly named bin file on a fat16 or fat32 USB stick (I put one by one, or all of them in once, in a newly formated USB stick, FAT, 128MB), plug it in the notebook(yes);
    -unplug notebook(yes);
    -remove battery:confused:(should the battery be still onboard when the USB stick is pluged in?:confused:)
    -unit should be off:), press and hold windows key and B(mine are Fn and Esc, for the usual other configurations wouldn't go for my brick, only Fn+Esc gives an ORANGE light blink when power cable pluged in)
    -plug in AC power while holding those buttons(yes)
    -turn on notebook, let go of all buttons once LED lights come on (the IEDs wouldn't lights on untill the POWER button released, right?):confused:(and how fast should I release all the buttons?):confused:
    (now the fan should be madly runing, right? how long should it roars in such a way? isn't 2~3 seconds too short? and it would NEVER self-power-on anymore! shall I wait for morethan 20 minutes? ):confused:
    -the notebook will beep every second:confused:(it didn't beep at all), as it searches for the .bin file (so it seemed that my brick didn't recogonized my file(s))
    Please do me the favour checking out what faults I might made, thanks a lot!:)
    (Forgive my English, anyway!)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I guess it doesn't find it...

Try 0118.BIN, 0118.bin, 0118.FD and 0118.fd..AFAIK it looks for (hex) numbers.BIN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Well, I'll try...

OK I'll try such a way, thank you!:)

6. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    #6 spkleader, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Hummmm... just wondering...
    It isn't the case of a Phoenix Crisis Disk? As far I understood the post, the only copied the .fd bios to the floppy disk.

I'm asking it coz the 4730G manual says about PCD to recover a corrupted bios.

One last thing dvvz, In order to start the recovery procedure, there are the following key combos: Fn + B, Fn + Esc, WinLogo + B, and WinLogo + Esc, and my favourite one: don't press anything! ;)
    Good luck and best wishes from Brazil!

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's an Insyde bios. Every recovery procedure is different. At Insyde I know not much about.

8. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Thank you, I'll try on and on..., and I love Brazil!:)

9. dvvz

dvvz MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    It doesn't works...

Every effort seems fruitless... but I'll go on. Thanks!:eek:

10. levonisyas

levonisyas MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2008
    #10 levonisyas, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  11. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    I think you have to rename the bios file to intel.fv

12. hitechobra

hitechobra MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    My Laptop is Compaq Presario CQ45-137TX

Yesterday while modding the BIOS corrupted and hence no display on the screen.
    Got latest files from the HP files for my model. But the list contained 4 files:
    30F7F65D.FD-1024 KB
    30F7F65U.FD-1024 KB
    30F7F654.FD-1024 KB
    30F7F655.FD-2048 KB
    and one more file
    7010F65.FD

The contents of the Platform.ini were not so helping.
    [Platform_Check]
    flag=1
    PlatformName=FFFF
    PlatformName2=BB

Finally in the end i renamed the file 30F7F655.FD file by rename it to 30F7.BIN & .ROM

Started the system with the method mentioned here. The system started to read from Flash drive and beeping and finally shutting down after some time.

Waited for a minute and started the system. and started the problem...

The system started with no display and got shut down immediatedly (arnd 5 sec)
    Started again and after few second the Num lock and Caps lock started blinking. Waited for a long time (arnd 10 mins) finally switched off.

Is any one here to help me out. My warranty is over.