Help me ! Bios dell vostro 1310

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jackychanqn, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jackychanqn

jackychanqn MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    Sorry I'm Vietnamese so my English is very bad.
    I have just update my Dell vostro 1310's bios from A10 to A15. But when I was running the software, it went to "not responding" state, so I tried to reboot my laptop by turn off and unplug the power. Now when I rebooted, screen is completely black, NUM-LOCK flashes, and CAPS-LOCK, SCROLL-LOCK and Bluetooth are on.
    Somebody help me.
    Thank you a lot for reading my thread.
    Thank so much !!!

2. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
  3. jackychanqn

jackychanqn MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    Thank you so much, but I can't find any function key to come to my recovery mode, I have tried FN+B, winkey+B, FN+esc, winkey+esc, FN+END, winkey + end.
    And I download my bios A15 from dell in exe type, but how can I extract it to rom or hdr file.

4. danwalmsley

danwalmsley MDL Member

Oct 15, 2009
  5. jackychanqn

jackychanqn MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    I have tried all of them but I couldn't not access to bios recovery mode. Have you tried this?

6. danwalmsley

danwalmsley MDL Member

Oct 15, 2009
    This is the only method I have seen to be confirmed working on any dell laptop, im sure it will work with patience... look at the other thread about the vostro 1510... and search google for "redalethan" this guy seems to have managed it, he is a member here hopefully in a few days we will get advice from this guy....

7. Vostro1310

Vostro1310 MDL Novice

May 10, 2010
    Same problem

I too was doing an upgrade from A10 to A15.

And now my Vostro 1310 is a brick.

When I boot all I see is a flashing NUMLOCK and solid CAPSLOCK and SCRLOCK lights.

What can I about this?

Thanks.

8. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    Hey everyone, you are all going about it wrong, it is NOT a true Dell style bios, it is a standard PHOENIX bios, follow recovery procedures for PHOENIX PHOENIX BIOS RECOVERY HERE, I am not sure what key combo works for these dell models, it may be wise to add Fn + End or just End keys in addition to the keys suggested in that thread. You need the bios.wph file and I believe the disk must be bootable as well, read the first section that applies to Phoenix bioses!

9. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    try with Vostro 1510 few days ago but no result. Hold key combo is Fn + --> (right arrow/End) pressed, then plug-in the pwr cord, press Pwr Button then release the combo key. But the system power on (fan spinning) ONLY ONE time with no sign of USB reading. Every next times nothing happen (no fan spinning).

10. danwalmsley

danwalmsley MDL Member

Oct 15, 2009
    You should have no problem when holding the end key and plugging in the power cord, you have to remove the battery first though. visit http://www.walms.co.uk/dell-bios-recovery-procedure/ for more information, you may need to try a different usb stick, not all work find a 128MB stick.

Dan

11. danwalmsley

danwalmsley MDL Member

Oct 15, 2009
    1510 bios uses winphlash, there is a recovery disk, I have never had to use this method :( I have heard of success though, I read only the winphlash16 works or something along those lines. Good luck, if you succeed get in touch so I can put on my blog.

12. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    One of the most important hopeful sign to sucessfully recover your system is fan spinning loudly. But nothing happen except the first try, mean I have no 2nd chance

13. pollopolis

pollopolis MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2010
    Can any of you can tell me the recovery key combination for the vostro 1310?