Help me change pre-login image/background (FCU)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Aenra, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Hello,

As per title, am trying to change my pre-login, only nothing works; have tried Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\System Data, have tried Windows\Web\Screen, have tried the older registry entry that i knew no longer works.. nothing.

Has anyone managed to successfully change it? Or know how? :)
    As always, thanks for reading!

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Help me change pre-login image/background (FCU) - does this mean Lock Screen image or sign-in screen image or something else?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Had no name for it myself, but that's what most searches characterise it as.. it's the background image behind the "Restarting..." text. The same background image showing when you press ctrl+alt+del.
    Hope that helps :)

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I don't have there no image, only screen background color.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Me too only when I log out and at login screen I have one

6. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Weird.. i get this default blue(ish) plain color, (img105).
    Needless to say, i've started from the easy stuff, like actually selecting to have same background and lock from 'Settings'. Never worked, not even in previous builds; in fact, i've never managed to change it to anything other than that dreaded blue color, lol

This time i thought i'd Google it, found a good number of posts with folks having the same issue. And just like me, zero solutions. Weird.

7. Rickta

Rickta MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2017
  8. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    #8 Aenra, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    (OP)
    Almost.. unlike that poster, i cannot set one at all ^^
    Will try what's posted there, see if it helps. And yes, i had not seen that thread earlier.. apologies!

* edit: Nah.. what it links too, i've already tried, lol. When i said i've tried everything, i really have. Must be some change i make elsewhere that prevents this. Anyway, thanks for replying guys, much appreciated :)

9. David555

David555 MDL Junior Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Theres small app on github i have used to change login screen and it does work, well at least for 1511