Help me get my system back!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dovahkiin, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Hey guys!
    Long story short: I bought an Asus notebook with W8 installed, formated it (without backing W8) and now I want W8 again. I want to use my license, so I headed over this topic: threads/40897-How-to-preserve-Windows-8-OEM-Activation-Guide to see if I could restore my setup. It didn't worked.

What do I need to do to have my W8 installed again? It was a CoreSingleLanguage, pt-br install, and I want it the same way again. Just point me what to do that I'll try!

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cleggy

cleggy MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2009
    does it not have a factory restore.if it does then it should automatically put it back to the day you bought it and be activated.
    post the model number and i will see if i can assist further by providing step by step instuctions

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What do you mean by 'It didn't worked'??

You have two options; either install from the English ISO or edit the ISO to integrate pt-BR language. Both guides are listed there.

4. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    When I formatted my PC I deleted this partition...

It didn't worked probably because something I did wrong, because when I installed the W8 it didn't recognized my serial. Where I can download the needed files for my language? I can extract it from W8 Language packs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    You did create some restore DVDs before deleating the partition?

If not, some manufacturers will sell you a restore DVD, I bought 1 from toshiba before.

6. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Nope. I thought that I was sticking with W7 forever, but the W8.1 is to damn good to be missed. I've searched EVERYWHERE on ASUS website and didn't found it. I'm doing it the manual, hard way, but if you or someone can point me a link for me to buy it, it would be awesome!

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #7 EFA11, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @EFA11

He needs CoreSingleLanguage.

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    oh.. :zipped:

Guess I missed that part hehe

10. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    #10 Dovahkiin, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    (OP)
    My system is F45C, but seems that outside Brazil it is sold as X45C (or something like that). I've downloaded the leaked ISO (that russian one) from outside of here and the hashes didn't matched with the ones I found here: /threads/41471-CoreSingleLanguage-image?p=706182&viewfull=1#post706182. This means that image has been modified, doesn't it?

Also, this is what I got when I opened the file and checked it's info:

tmp.png

I just need to know a few things: it is safe to use this iso? Where I can get my locale files? I can extract them from another W8 ISO image? If I convert this one to my language it'll work (work = recognize my license and not bother me with it)?

Thanks to everyone who's trying to help me.

Edit: this hashes /threads/45961-Windows-8-Core-SingleLanguage-OEM-original?p=769687&viewfull=1#post769687 matches with the file I have. So it seems that it is safe to install. I'll try to find the language pack I need and I'll try it again.

11. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Well, in fact I want to test W8.1, but it is not very stable (as I've read somewhere here), so I'm going to stick with W8. Also I just want to get my system as close as it was when I bought it.

12. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    #14 Dovahkiin, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot for the link, but as soon as I go to my local site these options disappear. Looks like they don't sell recovery medias here :/ I'm just finishing the pt-br single language, will try it soon, maybe it works.

Thanks anyway!

Edit:
    Decided to try to buy an recovery media to ship in germany (mother lives there) and the site told me that recovery medias for W8 are unavaliable, so it is useless to me now ://

13. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    So I tried making the image but setup it still russian... have I did something wrong?

14. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    I did everything OK, I was just not finishing it the right way. I was supposed to import the finished install.wim on a PT-BR ISO, not on the russian one (yeah, I was doing this). Now I've downloaded a real pt-br ISO and I'm finishing the setup on my computer. I guess everything will be just fine.

Thanks to everyone for the help!