Help Me Learning Kali Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by TheRoyalSpeed, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TheRoyalSpeed

TheRoyalSpeed MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm new to kali linux and by that i meant im very new. I don't know where to start or what should I learn first since I have 0 knowledge about linux.So far what I have done is make dual boot laptop (windows & kali linux).My goal is to be expert (OP) at using kali linux. Please teach me or give any advise on what should I do next.

2. eeritia

eeritia Guest

You should firstly master UNIX basics and be able to do ANYTHING from CLI (partitionning, formatting, move a file, make an archive and so on)
    Then, learn C or Python language and start creating basic programs and keep improving them.

Using Kali Linux won't make you smart and you'll learn nothing besides launching an all-made app.

Be familiar with Arch linux first (install it from scratch, you'll learn more so than installing Ubuntu or Fedora for example) or just follow Linux From Scratch manual, but the latter requires a lot of patience and time.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I think OP is wanting to become an expert in hacking rather than Linux otherwise why install Kali?

@OP - Youtube tutorials

4. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    You can't have "hacking" knowledge without the basics. That would be cheating. If your goal is to understand what you're doing, then you will have to walk the path of learning UNIX, networking, protocols, everything.

5. edizgeorgi

edizgeorgi MDL Novice

May 31, 2019
    Hello this site has good articles with kali
    Referance: poftut.com/how-to-install-docker-on-ubuntu-debian-mint-kali/