[Help Me!]Windows 7 hanging randomly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Izumanyan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    Hi I'm having trouble with my current Windows 7. I have activated it with Daz Loader and have tried the default method, alternative method, and old method in the loader and even booting up without the loader and it still caused my computer to hang randomly. My computer does meet the minimum requirements.
    P4 3 GHz processor, nVidia 8800 GT, 2GB RAM, 320 GB HDD which is partitioned into a 100 GB C: drive. I tried using Memtest86 and there were no problems with my memory. What should I do?
    Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

2. bambara

bambara MDL Junior Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Does the loader cause the problem or Windows 7 itself? If it's the loader try replying in Daz's thread; he usually answers all replys when he has time.

3. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    If I had to guess it would be the loader's problem even though I have not tried a fresh install of windows 7 without any loaders.

4. gunny2k9

gunny2k9 MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2009
    i ve just had smilar sort of problem windows 7 would freeze but the mouse would still move no HD access and then after like 10/20 mins it would carry on did mem test hd test nothing found then updated mobo BIOS, dvd/rw Firmware, drivers etc still did it ....went of hd makers in this case seagate as it was a maxtor drive.. low and dehold there was an update for that .......ran the update apon reboot after reboot BIOS now goes SMART FAILED (F1 to continue) get into 7 and 7 DOESNT freeze and works a DREAM now however ....comeas up DRIVE FAILING warning , please back up your data......

so looks like my fault was the HD has/was/is failing. LUCKY its still in warrenty ;)

5. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Fresh installs are the best by far. I had a similar thing happen to me. Formatted the drive and did a fresh install. Loaded Dazs' loader and haven't looked back. I know this doesn't help your situation at the moment.

6. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    Yes it is on a fresh install, both the first time I installed 7(upgraded from XP.) and the second time after I reformatted again, no luck.

7. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Have you tried the force option yet?

8. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    #8 Izumanyan, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    (OP)
    All the options activate for me W7 it just hangs after awhile.

{edit} Yes I have tried Forceful, it still hangs.

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Where did you get the iso ? Is it a clean one ?

10. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    yes it is a clean one I checked it with the isoverifier

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Maybe u should try grabbing the iso from here, and try installing that.

12. bambara

Oct 18, 2009
    The answer is obvious I think. Uninstall Daz's loader. If the problem persists, then it's from Windows (or from your computer). If the problem is gone, then the simple solution would be to try another loader (there are like a dozen of them).

13. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    [Update] Okay I reformatted again and tried updating. It's NOT the loader for sure. I didn't activate it prior. Just straight Install->Update. I DID NOT enter any CD-Key when asked for it.
    What could be the problem?

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Ok, this may sound strange but I had a similar problem with my pc. I noticed that it would freeze practically daily on XP, win7, and even my bios setup page! I remembered changing a pin on my motherboard to enable Standby, it was called USB Wake up or +5VSB. I recently changed it back to +5V to see what happens and it does not hang anymore. I cannot enter standby but I would rather have a stable pc that cannot enter standby anyway. Anyway, that worked for me, one thing I would try if you did not re-pin your MoBo would be running a memory test to test your ram. After that I would see how much dust you have in your tower. Trust me a lot gets in there! Most likely it is a heat or a software problem. Have you noticed it ever freezing anywhere else like bootup or bios setup or anything like that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. bambara

Oct 18, 2009
    Go to task manager. Check your memory and CPU usage; make sure they are at normal levels. Are you using 64-bit or 32-bit of windows 7?

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    He noted in the first page that he has windows 7 x64 dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Izumanyan

Izumanyan MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    I use 32 bit windows. Memory tests reported nothing. Haven't checked the dust in there but my screen does flicker on the bootup screen (when displaying the startup picture thingy.)

18. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    opps wrong thread with the x64 note lol. Anyway, I believe that flashing at startup is normal. My sisters pc does that probably 2-3 times on the login screen. Anyway, have you checked your temperatures lately? I mean the CPU, Chasse(If available), GPU(Graphics Card) and the fan speeds. Some MoBo's let you check that with various programs like Everest but the most surefire way to check is to boot into your bios setup and go to Hardware Monitor.

19. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009