Help! Media Player Classic problem in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by JBenal, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I'm having a problem with Media Player Classic since I switched to Windows 7. When I open MPC, the screen goes black momentarily, then returns to normal and the video plays. When open a second instance of MPC, the app starts and the video appears to play, but the MPC screen is black. I say "appears to play", because the progress bar moves, but there's no video visible in the second (or third) instance of MPC. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution? This applies to the latest version of MPC and MPC Home Cinema.

I installed XP under Virtual Box and when I run it in the seamless mode I can see multiple instances of MPC playing normally on top of my Windows 7 desktop, but its virtual network adapters mess with (disable) Belkin Network USB Hub , so I've uninstalled Virtual Box. Help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    OK, I solved this one myself. Apparently the problem was caused by the klcodec pack. I uninstalled klcodec pack, installed the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime and the Combined Community Codec Pack and all is well playing multiple instances of MPC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...