HELP - media player won't run. need version 12.0.7600.20671

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by crabdance, May 9, 2010.

1. crabdance

crabdance MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Help, I need wmplayer.exe version 12.0.7600.20671... I did some updates then accidentally overwrote wmplayer with the old version from before the update.

I can't re-install the update because it says that it's already installed.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone would give me a link to the new version.

thanks.

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    hmmm you could do a manual uninstall which it looks like your going to have to do:
    Ummm locate and delete the follwing:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows media player
    C:\Program Files\Windows media player

Your also going to need to delete it from the registry so that it makes it look like in the control panel that its already been uninstalled...
    I think thats located in Hkey Classes root under installer....

3. crabdance

crabdance MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks man. I appreciate it.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You want to know something else you can do? You go into to add/remove program list. Hit the option for "Turn off windows features" then look for "Media" and uncheck "Windows Media Player". Restart and then tick it again and it will reinstall WMP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I would recommend what sam said as it is easier and a lot more user friendly that should solve your problem...

6. crabdance

crabdance MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks to both of you. I did what Sam said and it worked great. I'm working on a mod and I'm almost through and I found this out. I thought I was going to have to start all over again!

Now I can give the right version of media player a new icon (which is what got me into trouble in the first place), but the file version will be right.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.

7. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. crabdance

crabdance MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    Thank you for the link.. I have the file now. Will definitly use it.