HELP!!Missing feature from consumer preview in final version !!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by harshah, Oct 27, 2012.

1. harshah

harshah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    #1 harshah, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    I was just wondering where this gesture has gone in the build 9200 version of windows 8 pro which i presume is the final version (isn't it ?).
    ges2.jpg ges.jpg

I would like to know if i was wrong or unaware about this or else is there any other new build ?

Also i have a dell inspiron n5110 and when i swipe from right to left on trackpad charms bar isnt showing up !! I downloaded latest windows 8 drivers from dell website and installed but no use !!

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Windows 8 drivers for Dell Inspiron n5110 hardware are available on Dell site. Windows 7 based track pad driver will not work properly under RTM build. Install Windows 8 x64 drivers to enable this functionality. BTW, I am unable to download drivers for my n5110 for some unknown reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. harshah

harshah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    #3 harshah, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    (OP)
    I can resolve your driver download problem just when you were prompted to select single download or download manager , on that very page go to the URL ending and change "=false" to "=true" and trust me downloading that update didnt work with track pad i mean trackpad multigestures work but the charms bar doesnt show up using track pad gesture (right to left on trackpad gesture)

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Thanks harshah :) Your hint enabled me downloading drivers for my Dell Inspiron n5110. The provided driver for Touchpad is working fine here. Check your driver settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. harshah

harshah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Are you telling me that the charms bar can be opened when swiped from right to left on the trackpad on your inspiron ? :eek:

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Not only on Dell but it works on my lenovo Thinkpad very nicely as well. It's matter of new W8 drivers for your touchpad

7. harshah

harshah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    I am pretty much sure that i got the new w8 drivers for my touchpad and i read that lenovo touchpads are the only ones that works with the win8 gestures which can be enabled by installing a generic driver called "synaptics" . I tried synaptics too but no luck for me ! :(

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Sorry, I have no look into other manufacturers drivers as I only use lenovo but here it is a very nice feature. In combination with Windows-key it is a beautiful experience working with W8

9. harshah

harshah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    No prob glad that you replied :)