Help...My acer 5520 wont power on... but has power

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by londoner62, Feb 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. londoner62

londoner62 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    Hi guys I really need help here...I hav an acer 5520 laptop...its an older model....i was having problem with having a password on the bios...so i couldnt get into the bios so i researched and it said to remove the cmoz battery or to do a jump sequence....so i got my hubby to take the laptop apart for me and he took the battery out....i asked him if it was soldered to the motherboard and he said yes but not very well....so he took the battery out even though it was soldered to the motherboarrd...he put everything back together aand know the laptop wont start up...it shows there is power..but the button to start it up doesnt do anything......can some on please help me to get the laptop started please....thanks for reading

Cheryl

2. Lanceu

Lanceu MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    Your hubby might have put the battery upside down?

3. londoner62

londoner62 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    I dont think he did.....he is actually very knowledgeable with computers....and he took it apart twice so i

4. londoner62

londoner62 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    doubt the battery is in upside down but will ask him just to make sure...thanks for the reply..cheryl marko

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Maybe you should post more information on what's happening. There is little chance of help with such a small amount of information.

Regards, The Dev.

6. londoner62

londoner62 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    also he only lifted the one side of the battery....so he didnt take out the battery fully....thanks

7. londoner62

londoner62 MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013

Hi thanks for replying....no he said that he only lifted the bracket or glue on the one side and then put the battery back and clipped it then put the laptop back together again.....so yea he only lifted the one side of the batter.....does that help in any way....thanks...Cheryl Marko