*HELP* Need Help about $oem$ folder and setupcomplete.cmd

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by r2dak, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r2dak

r2dak MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2011
    hi first of all greetz to all :biggrin:,I'm new here and so if I'm not following any rules plz then I'm sorry o_O

i just want to know what are the various uses of $oem$ folder and Setupcompelete.cmd

i know there are many Thread already which have some info about this but most of them are not clear:mad: (for example and none of them have explains uses of these two, so i was just wandering that if any one can explain all uses with some examples like how to use it to install s/w and drivers and big programs like Adobe Photoshop cs5 etc.., of the Setupcompelete.cmd

2. rotta

rotta MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2010
    Hope this is not too simple but ask more if needed...

I use usb drive for installation so first find \sources dir on your win7 installation dvd/usb set, create folder $OEM$ in sources directory, after that create $$, Setup and Scripts directories. Now you should have \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\ directory.

Create \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd (you can use notepad). This is the file that win7 installation launches at the end of the system installation, here is example of my SetupComplete.cmd:

c:\windows\setup\scripts\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /passive

It will simply run .exe file in passive mode. Just make sure you have \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe because all files in \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\ will be copied to systemdrive\windows\setup\scripts\ which usually is c:\windows\setup\scripts\.

3. r2dak

r2dak MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2011
    hi rotta thank you for your reply but i'm little confused :confused:. in your examlple

will it work to write
    dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /passive
    on the SetupComplete.cmd because the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe and SetupComplete.cmd is on the same folder

and to install a s/w do i have have to put the dvd's path ie \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts\
    on the SetupComplete.cmd:
    or the after installation windows path ie c:\windows\setup\scripts\
    and can we use %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\ instead of c:\windows\setup\scripts\

ps. sorry for my english its not my native language
    :D

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. r2dak

r2dak MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2011
    HI urie Thank you for your answers it really Helped me alot :)
    well my problem is solved and you can delete this Thread if you want