Help - Need to create a virtual hard disk to copy to another!

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by luzcaa, Jan 29, 2015.

1. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    Hi guys, i start another way to formating and installing windows versions... and i need some help
    this is my scenario what i want...

build a virtual hard disk > install programs (not drivers, or use sysprep to clean drivers) > use Paragon or another hard disk utility to copy this virtual HD to another HDs to use in others computers, with other peripherals..

i'm using the murphy78's windows integration... but making copy with this way is so much faster, cuz i dont depends the clients hardware (which is it often slow then my hardware)...

so, if someone can help me, i'll be very grateful!

thanks guys!

2. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    thanks dude, but this way is a little more complicated than i want to do

3. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi Luzcaa,
    By not using Sysprep your going to cause yourself A WHOLE LOT OF TROUBLE.
    As all the machines you build will have the same internal ID's meaning you'll have, at the very least licensing and network problems for as long as their in use.

Seems your using VHD's:
    Just create your image, and take a 'Snapshot' then Sysprep it.
    Use ImageX to apply that version to your HDD's.

Then if you want/need to change your image, rollback to the original, delete the Snapshot, make the changes.
    Sysprep and Snapshot again, and your good to go.

Trust me, any time spent in the Preparation will be gained back ten fold. By not having to troubleshot problems. ;)

4. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    but, using this way... i can use the VHD in other computers?

cuz in my city have a man doing it... he have a backup of all win7 or win8 with all programs installed.. he just connects a HD on a Dock Station, opens Paragon HDM and restore to the new HD... and it works on different machines... did you know something about that?

5. eric33

eric33 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    thats true paragon can do it

6. eric33

eric33 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    P2P (Physical-to-Physical) migration No hardware dependency with Paragon Adaptive Restoreā„¢; our technology guarantees that any Windows since 2000 will boot on dissimilar hardware by automatically injecting required drivers and performing other operations crucial for this type of migration. Also available for Windows 8.1

7. eric33

eric33 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    V2P (Virtual-to-Physical) migration Migrate any Windows-based virtual system to a physical hardware platform
    V2V (Virtual-to-Virtual) migration Feel free to swap your virtual servers and workstations from one to another hypervisor with minimal efforts

8. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    yes, i know about this feature, but the process of he take is another... its something unreal to understande hahahahha...
    thank you

9. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I have a couple of VHD's I use on every system I build/repair. I just apply them to the HDD and reboot the system, Windows does the rest.
    I even have a VHD, that I transfer to some HDD's and boot from that. But there all Sysprep'd, that way I don't get customers complaining about licensing or update errors.

But you do it your way, if you feel its better.
    That's what messing with tech is all bout. ;)

This is the important part, it basically Sysprep's the system as it transfers it.

10. luzcaa

luzcaa MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012

so, did u have some tutorial to i follow this way u do?