HELP NEEDED ASAP - Excel Password Remover / Password Finder

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Street Hawk, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Street Hawk

Street Hawk MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi all

I have a document that has been passed to me that needs to be accessed. the person who created the document and password protected the excel sheet has now left the company and we need access to the data.
    there are so many different excel password removal / finder tools out on the net, some free and some not. i have tried a couple but they will only try to work using a brute force attack but can take hours upon hours to try and recover with no result.

Does anyone know a tidy piece of software that will recover or unlock the excel spreadsheet with a resonable time? and actually work that is free? or am i asking for too much ? lol need the tool to work on both 2003 and 2007 MS Office please guys.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Regards

Street.

2. exograpix

exograpix MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
    You can use kernel excel recovery.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    It won't work it only recovers file not passwords

4. Street Hawk

Street Hawk MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2011
    Any other Idea's Guys? surely there must be a way of removing the Opening password to an Excel 2007 document ?

5. Street Hawk

Street Hawk MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2011
    only way to find out if it is the right tool is to download it and give it ago.
    The Excel document is a "Password to open" the file. so need something that will either remove or crack that to be honest.
    thanks thou, will give it a shot.

6. agsansoo

agsansoo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2011
    I have a password cracking program I use at work (I'm a LAN admin), I could e-mail you. It takes about 5-20 minutes to crack MS doc passwords.

7. agsansoo

agsansoo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2011
    The program is called "Free Word Excel Password Recovery Wizard".

8. Street Hawk

Street Hawk MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi Agsansoo,

I have already tried that software and it didnt manage to crack the file really, results came back with nothing, and i have used a few software apps now that are full version and the latest one said its gonnna take a month to brute force attack the file..lol

guess my search continues.. thanks thou bud

Street.

9. LuiFigo

LuiFigo MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    There must be some tools that can unlock the files.You just need a search that can help you find that tool.

10. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    [Note: this observation is not a personal reflection on the OP's situation]

Security - either you have it, or you don't. You can't have it 99.9999% of the time, then the day it bites you in the rear, decide it's okay if it's not quite so secure. Security isn't a matter of convenience. I see posts where users encrypt drives/folders, then when they forget their password, they're frantic for that magical backdoor to let them in. Makes no sense.