help needed :c

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by killercat, Jul 16, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    #1 killercat, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    internet explorer,calculator and my computer keep popping up by them selves,.
    i've googled and got no proper solution to this..i even switched from avira antivirus to kaspersky and nod32.
    looks like its happening more when im connected to the internet..at the moment im disconnected and typing this.,even my keyboards keys arent responding well..how am supposd to fIxx this?? is it a problem from my ISP? or a problem/virus in my computer? we dual boot, at first it was only happening in my Win 7 but later my brother said me that its happening in his XP too.so we both decided to delete all the partitions and create them again and reinstall both OS;s..any suggestions?

edit :
    i dont think its happening more when im connected to the internet,but when im disconnected.
    i scanned the computer with nod 32 and kaspersky. except 4 (those are my brother;s games cracks) no viruses are to be found. i believe im a good girl :p i never get into any crappy website which would harm me in any way,i have WOT addon in firefox browser which helps me to see if i can trust the website

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It sounds like a virus none the less. If you said it also started affecting your brothers XP computer it sounds like you might have even gotten a worm type virus which are not as common but do attact every network computer once in one of them. IDK why it would not get detected by Kaspersky and Nod32 though, that is what bothers me. I wonder if it was even just a hacker messing with you guys. It is hard to say but my best suggestion if you did not do so already is to backup both computers and reinstall windows on each one just to be sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #3 Thomas, Jul 16, 2010
    Download the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
    Check for updates then run either a Quick Scan or Full System Scan. :)

4. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010

well right now im connected,browsing without any problems..its not popping up anymore..i happens mostly at night. its 1.30pm here atm.i installed spybot too,checked for problems..nothing to be found. should i complain to my ISP?..

5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    i;ve done that too..same results as nod32. my bro's games cracks...nothing else :(

6. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Are you up for reformatting every computer on the network? I did it at my home a few weeks ago, it's a refreshing feeling ;)

7. kubato

kubato MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I have spent years fixing and removing malware from PC. Malwarebytes is great but, it works on the most serious malware not the largest grouping. Currently, there are two tools that will find anything and everything except for rootkits.
    Try these steps:
    1. Download Super AntiSpyware and run it. If it works great if not, goto 2.
    2. Download Hitman pro, it uses cloud computing and works great for 15 days. I use it but, then uninstall it because it scans on every startup.
    Lastly, download UBCD4windows and build a bootable repair cd. IT requires the XP install files but, once booted via CD a rootkit cannot hide and then use the Super AntiSPyware off the UBCD4Windows to scan again.

CCleaner is another tool I use daily to remove the startup programs.

Hope this helps.

8. decmk

decmk MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Check your keyboard, maybe your multimedia keys are making this mess. Internet explorer, Calculator and My Computer is usual keys on every keyboard.
    BTW is Internet Explorer your default browser? If yes try to change to other and see if other browser pop up.

9. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    #10 killercat, Jul 16, 2010
    (OP)
    well yess..i was installing other antiviruses to see if they catch anything..but they dint either..after a couple of reboots my keyboard stopped working,i put another one..since then the popping up stuff dint pop up..i couldnt re install today because we dont have the xp cd..

(btw it was a PS2 keyboard) the current one is something else i dont really know :/

10. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010

after i changed my keyboard that stuff dint happen..but lets hope, fingers crossed :( it wont happen again...i hope it was the keyboard!

11. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    thanks alot my problem is gone :)