Help Needed To Update Bios To SLIC 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by asin123, Jul 27, 2009.

1. asin123

asin123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Hey All,

I am new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I this Thread is in the Wrong Place.

I have a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion a6540a Home PC and I have been doing some reading about SLIC Tables Etc. I have managed to determine that my Motherboard's BIOS has SLIC 2.0. I am wanting to update this to SLIC 2.1 in Anticipation for the Windows 7 Release. The Motherboard which my Computer has come with is an MS-7525 Motherboard. I have already used the RW-Everything Utility and have Determined that it in fact has a SLIC 2.0. I then downloaded the HP SLIC 2.1 Tables which were posted elsewhere on this forum which came in the .BIN format. I ran the WinFlash Utility to attempt to Flash the Bios with this new .BIN file, however experienced an error: BIOS File Size Does Not Match With MainBoard BIOS. I have since learned that the WinFlash Utility Requires a .22 File. I have a dew questions:

(1) How do I Flash my Bios to SLIC 2.1?
    (2) What Do I Need to Activate Windows 7 RTM?

Any Help will be Appreciated.

Cheers

2. khapz

khapz MDL Novice

May 14, 2009
    1- you need to mod (update) you own bios (with the .bin file, generating e new bin file with your bios+slic table, and now yes you gonna flash this) with some tools on vista section, or wait for official hp bios release, probably on hp support site, i dont know.

2- you need the updated bios with slic 2.1, the hp cert file in you case (for w7 version, not vista), and the serial key compatible with cert and bios, and your windows will activate offline, with no phone and internet bulls**t, but none cert and serial key leaked yet you must be wait

3. asin123

asin123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Hey,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I understand what you are trying to say. Could it be possible to give me a quick Walk Through on how I would Modify the BIOS on my Particular Motherboard and Update it to SLIC 2.1?

Cheers.

4. neomatrix

neomatrix MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    first of all I will request to you please check your motherboard's official website about any motherboard BIOS update, it may b there is any BIOS update for your motherboard.

most OEM have updated their BIOS to support 2.1.

if you are new then do not try to mess with your bios.

5. dany20mh

dany20mh MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2007
    I Dont Know How You Can Hack It , But You Can Post Your Bios Information On The Correct Thread On Vista Forum , And Let Someone Have A Good Experience On That , Hack It , Because HP Bios Is Phoenix And Its Hard To Hack And Bad To Update ( Have Some Risk , And Maybe You Brick Your Computer !!! )

I Have HP Pavilion 9700t , And Send My Bios Information , To The Correct Thread , And They Hack It For Me , And Now I Have SLIC 2.1 .

I Hope You Understand My Word , Because My English Is Not Good .

Good Luck