[Help Needed] Windows Live Essentials 2011 ..can't uninstall or install :/

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BMW, Jul 7, 2011.

1. BMW

BMW MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    #1 BMW, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    I installed Windows Live Essentials 2011, over my MSN/Live Messenger 2010,

after which my new messenger, refused to start...and threw me an error code ...

was trying to remove it using add/remove programs, but there was no option
    to uninstall windows live ...which was weird...

so, like an idiot ...I deleted the Windows Live folder :/

not realizing that the registry files, would remain even then :/

now upon trying to re-install Windows Live Essentials 2011, it shows that my messenger is already installed,

and instead gives me option to install only bing bar, etc...

tried Revo Uninstaller... in force uninstall ...the simple folder deletion ..did not help ...

upon deleting the registry files, suggested by Revo, my Windows 7, refused to start,

so had to do system restore, which was set by Revo, prior to removing registry files...

so basically now, I am stuck without Messenger, which can't be uninstalled fully or installed...

can't even install messenger 2010 on it, as it says I already have newer version ! :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    What Error Code you get ?;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
  4. BMW

BMW MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    #4 BMW, Jul 7, 2011
    (OP)
    Unfortunately I don't have a recent system restore point or backup, which was without Windows Live Essentials 2011 ...

last backup I have is of about 1 month back ...but too much has happened since then :/

5. BMW

BMW MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    well, as of now... I'm on the stage where I try to reinstall 2011 or install 2010,

2010 > says I already have newer version installed

2011 > shows messenger is only installed...and only gives me only to install bing bar, etc...

so as of now... no error code...

6. BMW

BMW MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    #6 BMW, Jul 7, 2011
    (OP)
  7. BMW

BMW MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanks a lot, to everyone for helping me out.....appreciate it :) :friends2:

Cheers ! :D ... Love MDL ;)

===================== SOLVED ===================================

8. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010

You're welcome, it was a pleasure to help you, take care.

windsman.

9. techman45

techman45 MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2011
    Install essetials in Directory services [F8], should work,it worked better that way ....also always remember to install any of microsofts power house applications in directory services , they run better i find, then once back to regular side of windoes,go to program files, look for your install , then make shortcut send to deskto[p....Good luck