Help needed with Loader on Dell XPS 1530

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hoppi05, Jul 21, 2010.

1. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    Morning all, first off can i compliment you all on having a superb forum on the go here and thankyou all for the help it already provided me...

heres the situation... i have got windows 7 installed run the daz loader and the software is not working the 'profile' and 'advanced options' tabs are not visable and the install and uninstall buttons are grayed out????

HELP.... :eek:

guys i no people will comment and i honestly have searched and searched and found tones of results and there in lies the probelm i am now more confussed than ever :confused: i have read about other loaders, SLIC mods and BIOS mod's and i am at a loss as to which road to take, can someone in the know stear me in the correct direction (easiest one 1st please lol) from looking on all the posts regarding BIOS mods and SLIC mods i cannot find a real informative thread regarding my laptop or a link to someones cleaver software that could resolve my problem(s)?

Laptop is a Dell XPS 1530
    BIOS is:
    Dell XPS M1530 System BIOS
    Release Date: 11/23/2008
    Version: A12
    File Format: Windows/DOS
    File Size: 1 MB Other Formats

cheers for any help.....

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Did you disable UAC and run the loader as administrator ? Have you used any other activation tools ? ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    hi there and thanks for the responce, no i have not done either i will check now

cheers

i have installed SLIC tookit to and it states i am running

DELL M08
    V2.0
    Phoenix BIOS /ACPI 2.0
    A12

NO OEM CERTIFCATE FOUND (RUN AS ADMIN)

WHAT DOES THE ABOVE MEAN :confused::worthy:

CHEERS

4. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    alextheg turning off uac and running as admin made no difference still the daz loader is unfuctional

is this meaning i need to do some sort of bios mod to put in a certificate as SLICTOOLKIT states No OEM Certificate found !(Run as Adminstrator)

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Certificate needed in the OS to activate with the SLIC in the bios. You have a 2.0 SLIC for Vista, 2.1 is needed for Windows 7.

Bios mod is needed for the Windows 7 activation. You can activate vista as OEM with matching certificate and serial. See stickies for additional info. Best to research these things before jumping off and trying to activate with loaders as sometimes they, and some of the problems they create, are not needed,

Daz's is a good piece of programming that has worked consistently with the dell thus far.

please review the stickies for the required components of activation .....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    cheers 911medic

i thought as much after using the toolkit and i do agree the loader is a marval! ive tried it on test systems before and its simplcity at its best much appreciation does daz's way :worthy:

thanks and ill try and get a 2.1 loader thingy :confused::D

7. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    #7 ailef, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  8. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    ailef thankyou for the info i have just flashed my bios with another version to the one you linked to but thankyou very much! i have now flashed my bios to DELLM09_V2.1 so i am not running SLIC 2.1....

slic toolkit says i have a Pkey is that a key i need?

ailef i tried the run cmd's but they did not work am i correct in thinking i should be entering
    slmgr -ilc dell.xrm.ms
    if so i get an error after hitting return?
    error states - on a computer running microsoft windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe0x2a0xbba' to display ther error text?????

also what do you mean by this -- ' dell key with the command slmgr -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****'???

i am going to search for an answer now but if you know off hand pls let me know

9. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    some setup files came with the new bios i loaded and i have copied these into the setup folder and run them and the have given me an -ipk key?

do i need to use this now?

the scripts were OOBE and slp

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  11. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    evening all, daz i have done as your requested and it did not validate and the new versions of your loader stayed grayed out? after inserting the files i stated above which i think had some new keys in there my slic toolkit now shows as certificate OK - Read OK ! ( DELL_V2.1_Cert.xrm-ms ) From: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\

can anyone help have i missed something after upgrading the BIOS to 2.1?

cheers once again....

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You have not mentioned what version of windows you are running it is enterprise edition ? it won't activate with SLIC 2.1

13. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    yes it was i did not no that?

i have tried to get it off and formated the partition and put windows 7 pro on but wheni chose the partition to install windows i now get a driver error for my system andalk to my hard drive? it asks me to locate the drivers so it can tlak to my hard drive???

i have since put my windows vista back on because i needed the laptop today i want to try windows 7 again but how domr it cannot install anymore?

cheers for all the help guys!!! :worthy:

cheers

14. hoppi05

hoppi05 MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    guys can anyone help i get this error when trying to install windows 7:

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.

???

this is the same disk i used before upgrading to SLIC 2.1

CHEERS

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  16. willpower101

willpower101 MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2011
    So just out of curiosity, can I install that xpsm1730 slic 2.1 for this xps m1710 i have sitting here?

I really want to keep the oem parition and restore capabilities in tact.