Help needed with mp3 encoder.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Mr.Sir, Apr 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    #1 Mr.Sir, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    please read fully. it is not what you think.I know the title is not perfect but here is my problem and what i want.
    I have this ancient JVC 5.1 home cinema system. it worked well for the money but it just got too old and the problem is,
    when i played mp3 cds when it was new, it worked quite well with it's built in dolby prologic and other audio decoders, it even had an "all channel stereo mode" which emulated the stereo into fake 5.1, which with nice bass and i liked it,

as the player got old, these functions are not working anymore, just a stereo out put with no bass, like an old mono radio. HOWEVER DVDs with original 5.1 audio ARE WORKING PERFECTLY. now you can guess what i want, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN CONVERT MY MP3S INTO 5.1 AUDIO (i know it would be just stereo, faked to 5.1) and PLAY? pls don't tell me to repair that thing. do i need blank cd or blank dvd? i just want those mp3s in 5.1 format written on a cd or dvd!

please reply, remember i understand that making a stereo into 5.1 doesn't make it genuine 5.1. all i want is the 5.1 format. may be front left+right copied to the rear Left+right channels and mono for the center and, of course the sub-woofer too. any way? i don't care if i only could write a few mp3s/whatever in this format on a cd / dvd.

2. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    have you tried an actual audio cd? If it plays that back in virtual surround , that's an easy fix for your mp3's .mp3_to_.wav

3. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    #3 Mr.Sir, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    (OP)
    yes. I've tried audio cds too. I thought it's was with the mp3 format. but it wasn't the case, whether i tried a cd with 200 mp3s or an original audio cd with 6 tracks...it's just not properly decoding it. only movies DVDs with pure 5.1 are working. i've tried to upmix few mp3s to 5.1 with vlc...but i dont know what file type and encoder to use, i need the mp3s as those 5.1 audio files in dvds...

Edit : please understand that I know exactly what's wrong with my player(corrupted firmware or codec chip for cds), so I don't need any suggestions on my player, I just need to know how to upmix mp3 stereo to 5.1 audio format and to be able to write those whatever format files on to a cd or dvd and play them.

4. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    then convert mp3 to dts is all i can figure..
    more expensive option..adobe audition or sony vegas software..cheaper to buy another receiver at that point though

5. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    Isn't that possible with vlc or other free converters? I just don't know what the format/codec/whatever,

yeah i could get rid of that, but it's an 5 dvd changer working very good with well built speakers and woofer, only this problem of mp3s and audio cds, it's working flawlessly for movie dvds..so i decide to milk it for some more time.

6. leebo_28

Jun 12, 2011
    see post #5

7. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    darn, i could have just googled. btw gonna try it.thnx

8. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    @Mr.Sir
    Hmm,does your receiver still have functional Aux-In? That way you can use the receiver as an amp,while feeding it whatever audio you decide without having to worry about the format/etc. Aside from that all solutions already posted are only delaying the inevitable,so you might as well start hunting for a replacement unit (there are some rather nice cheap denon's on the market atm,plus there's also the option of checking swap meets/etc for a dirt-cheap second-hand unit)