Help needed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nosidak, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Nosidak

Nosidak MDL Junior Member

Dec 21, 2009
    #1 Nosidak, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
    Hi all,
    About 30 minutes ago my younger brother decided to reinstall our windows server 2003 sp1. On the hard drive I had three partitions one for windows 7, data and server 2003.
    Something went wrong during the intallarion and reformatted the entire physical drive. And it still installed it's files to the drive.
    So here is what I have. I have a 1tb hard with all partitions formatted and installe over with server 2003 sp1.
    I really need to recover the partitions. I didn't have any backups of the pc's hard drive. At the moment I still haven't done anything on the system.
    Is there any way to recover all that is lost.
    Help would be much appreciated at the moment. I am in quite a bit of distress over it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nosidak

Dec 21, 2009
    Is the anymore direction or information that you can give me to recover the lost partitions. Remember they have been formatted and accidentally installed over by my idiotbrother.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
  4. Nosidak

Dec 21, 2009
    Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction.

5. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  6. Nosidak

Dec 21, 2009
  7. Nosidak

Dec 21, 2009
  8. b2sai

b2sai MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2011
    Ever herd of Recuva? They claim that they can recover your files even from a formatted drive. Best of all it's freeware!

Sorry, I cant post direct links yet, I'm still new to MDL. You can google for "Recuva", I'm sure it's the top most search result.