Help On Activating Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by xlovergirl, May 15, 2009.

1. xlovergirl

xlovergirl MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    I'm very new to this. I know that I'm gonna have to flash my BIOS, but what is the exact steps on doing so? I see so many "learn here", "for beginners", and "newbie tuts" on the stickies. But I don't know where to start.

As far as I know, I have an American Megatrends BIOS. The release date was 01/15/07. My MOBO is PCCHIPS P23G v1.0. When I enter the BIOS settings it says it's v02.59. What files do I use to flash my MOBO so I can activate Vista Ultimate?

Any help is much appreciated. =]

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Have you flashed you bios before?

Do you know how to flash a bios from DOS and NOT WINDOWS!!

Files are in the all slics-tested and not tested sticky. at the top it says 39 certs..download it and read the instructions.

What manufacturer do you want to activate with (HP,Dell, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc.)?

What is the model of your pcchips board..provide a link to the bios you wish to be modded. Put the request in This... thread in this format..

Code:
    -Motherboard Manufacturer and Model (e.g. ASUS-A8N SLI PREMIUM).
    -Bios revision. (e.g. 1302).
    -Bios Type (e.g. AMI/AWARD/PHOENIX/INTEL).
    -Bios Link.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. xlovergirl

xlovergirl MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    I have flashed my BIOS probably a couple times in the past thru DOS. I get real iffy about doing it tho, because I know that if I do it incorrectly I can brick my board. I'm guessing the manufacturer I want to activate is ASUS? I'm not sure tho. I'll put in my request now.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #5 urie, May 15, 2009
    You can try andyp's slictool1.02 posted here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/47250 i tried it on your bios with asus for vista and xp use ssv3 method and select other as bios manufacturer:)

6. xlovergirl

xlovergirl MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    #6 xlovergirl, May 15, 2009
    (OP)
    So you have tried this on the exact same manufacturer and model as my board?

7. xlovergirl

xlovergirl MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    What is SLIC? What does it stand for and what does it do?

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Software License..It allows a way for MS to validate the Vista install for OEMs without manual activation. It allows offline activation for production machines.

If you have a SLIC code in your bios, the appropriate Certificate in the OS, and the correct serial number for your version....you have automatic activation..

No call, no worry, no hacks/cracks necessary..its official:D

By OEM I mean HP, Dell, Acer, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI...anyone mass producing preactivated Vista machines...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...