Help on SLP OEM CD..

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by JLD, Dec 18, 2009.

1. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Im making a OEM SLP XP Pro SP3 cd. I hv done all d required steps in order to make SLP OEM cd. I hv tried & made an ISO an tried it out with no problems with activation but when i tried to slipstream all my mobo's drivers, critical updates with nlite activation failed & asks 4 serial.

I tried SLP OEM 1st & slipstream with nlite - activation failed. then tried slipstream 1st den SLP OEM - still failed. So my question is wat r d correct steps 4 making activation & slipstreaming drivers b4 making ISO?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    i believe nlite removes the 4 required oembios files to reduce the size
    With other words don't use nlite :p

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Nope..you can use the nlite..just be sure to add the oembios files manually.

I still believe that Nlite is a farce....:cool::cool:

I think the SIF file is bad..check after you make the iso and add manually..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    cool, so meaning copying all the files from compressed folder to i86 folder inside xp source?

so do i copy & replace files 1st den make d slipstream wif nlite or do i make all d slipstreams with nlite 1st den copy & replace SLP OEM files?

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I would do your damage with nlite first..then change the OEMBIOS files...