Help please - Dell Inspiron 700m

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sugar, Mar 31, 2010.

1. sugar

sugar MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2010
    I was flashing a modded Inspiron 700m BIOS when it froze halfway and bricked (modded with Phoenix 1.26).

I am doing the Phoenix recovery process.

The problem is that I am unable to isolate the BIOS.WPH from the update executables that Dell provides for these models: ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/700m_A07_WIN.exe The usual switches such as -writehdrfile do not work.

Unzipping the executable with 7-zip, I was able to get A07.exe and using the Phoenix tool (1.27) I was able to get at TEMPBIOS.ROM, however the header there begins with "NAPI" which I think is wrong.

Could any of the experts here isolate the BIOS.WPH and put it on a public download link? I have looked at the hex values for A07.exe and it seems the BIOS.WPH is there in its uncompressed form, just that I do not know when it begins and when it ends.

Thank you!

2. openfly

openfly MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
  3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jucsan

jucsan MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    #4 jucsan, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    This is sugar

I had already tried the method with the floppy disk. This method yields an executable file, not the BIOS. I have already tried switches like -writehdrfile

I have also tried obtaining the BIOS.WPH through using temporary folders and virtual boxes.

In fact I have tried many other methods also.

I think there are only two possible solutions:

1. Please could somebody take a look at the Windows executable A07.exe (http://rapidshare.com/files/370595491/A07.EXE-ZIPPED.zip.html) and isolate the BIOS.WPH. I am sure it is in there in its entirety, and it looks like the BIOS has not undergone any compression or obfuscation.

2. Or if someone with Inspiron 700m could do a full backup of his BIOS using the WINPHLASH, maybe that would help.

Could the kind soul put the BIOS on a public download link so I can access it. I really need your help. Thanks.

5. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #5 tqhoang, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    If you strongly believe the 700m BIOS is 1Mbit, then I can extract that too.