HELP PLEASE IM CRYING IPIBL-LB vers 5.43 unlocking the cpu modifiers 4 overclocking

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by smokecrops, Sep 6, 2010.

1. smokecrops

smokecrops MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    ok, SO I'm brand new to this, and I'm losing my mind, I'm getting depressed, I'm snapping at my family and friends, I can't take this anymore. I recently upgraded my HP pavilion pc a6433w (with the IPIBL-LB mobo) to windows 7 and then upgraded the bios (per HPs suggestion from their website) to version 5.43...this caused my e6600 CPU to drop its physically overclocked speed from it's usual 3.0 ghz down to 2.1 ghz approximately....the multiplier dropped from 333x9 to 333 x 6.0-7.0 roughly...now I know it wasn't the windows install that caused it because it was working fine prior to the bios flash....is there anyone who can help me, I'm losing my mind. If i flash back to a previous bios version will that fix it maybe, even though they all say they only work with vista...but that cant be because when i upgrade to windows 7 (ultimate 32 bit btw) i was still running the previous bios....please help me, the CPU options are locked in this bios and all bios from HP for this MoBo....can anyone, or has anyone, modded this bios to accept CPU overclocking? please help my I'M begging you, I'm really losing my mind....

please god help me or maybe suggest the easiest way to off myself....

2. smokecrops

smokecrops MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    ok......well....i feel as if i could dance an irish jig, and I don't even much like the irish...joking...but, apparently coretemp, a program I've used for years, literally years, based assumptions on, given advice based on readings from, and generally depended on as reliable, and Rock-of-Gibraltar-like in it's ability to act as both a measuring stick and diagnostic tool, is total garbage. CPU-ID is reading me at both the correct processor speeds, clock multiplier, FSB and Bus Speed for my BSEL modded E6600. *WWWHHHEEEEWWWWWW*....(wipes sweat from brow)....I guess Coretemp has just failed. May it rest in peace. I can't believe what I've been through. What complete BS. Well folks I'm still looking for a modded BIOS for my IPIBL-LB mobo, if annyone knows where one of those can be found out in the wild....please share...otherwise I also need to know what the PLL is for this mobo for use in clockgen if i can....thanks for the help in advance.

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  4. smokecrops

smokecrops MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    so wait, an SLIC mod allows me to change the CPU speed modifiers that are locked right now? I can adjust the sliders and multipliers? Thats the modification I"m looking for.....

5. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 NoJuan999, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    NO, SLIC 2.1 just allows Win 7, 2K8 R2 and Vista to be Activated with OEM SLP Key and Cert.
    You can use AMIBCP to change the CPU Frequency Multiplier from Supervisor to User in the Advanced Section of the Setup Configuration Menu.
    That may allow you to adjust the multiplier the way you want.

6. bobramerez

bobramerez MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    #6 bobramerez, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    OP, did you have any luck modifying the BIOS to gain extra overclocking options?

@noJuan, are there any guides how to use the AMIBCP tool?

Thank you.

7. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009