help please.. Windows Activation Client

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ajgambino, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ajgambino

ajgambino MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    Hi,
    I have a modded bios with slic 2.1 hp cert and keys but in my task tray I'm getting the bubble saying "You have 11 days until the evaluation..." from Windows Activation Client.. It says it is activated tho..Can someone help me out here? Thanks in Advance..

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Did you actually install RTM?

3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Thats just a 'snapshot' of an old notification-icon as it once appeared in your systray.

Nothing to worry about. Youre perfectly activated...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ajgambino

ajgambino MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    thanks for the reply

anyway to get rid of it?

5. Osiris

Osiris MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2010
    If you have CCleaner installed, just click Tray Notification Cache. If you don't open the registry editor and navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Classes \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ TrayNotify

Delete these two values IconStreams and PastIconsStream:)

6. tigurr

tigurr MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2010
    activated but counting down

i find it curious how in the system section of the control panel says activated but the client continues to countdown.

7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    It does not continue to countdown, it says 11 days because the snapshot was made on the day when the countdown was at 11 days remaining.

And the snapshot will remain the same until it gets replaced by a new one. On an activated system this means never, since this notification doesnt pop up on an activated system...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ajeet

ajeet MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    how to get rid of windows activation client?

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What do u actually mean???