Help please......!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Jan 10, 2010.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    guys i need your help asap......i am having a hp dv6000 laptop with vista installed in it....now i try installing windows server but after the installation it never boots up..it comes nd stays at the boot screen nd stays there forever....i evn posted this in the server section but i need to submit a project so i need ur help plzzz guys.............
    forgot to say i have a amd processor in it nd a 2.5gb ram(expanded it frm 1gb)

i even formatted the entire harddrive...now i have no os inside it.............

2. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Have you tried reinstalling vista again ?

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Why would you want Windows Server on a laptop ??? Why not try 7 ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ennio

ennio Guest

The same question from me.

5. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    no guys u dont get me.......i need a server asap......ya my lappy meets the minimum requirements......................when i install vista again it goes fine.........the prblm is with the server only.......windows vista nd windows 7 both install fine nd run fine..........the screen just stays forever at that windows logo.........plzzzzz help me plzzzzzz nd thnks in advance 4 ur replies guys

6. bassie995

bassie995 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Maybe you can try another version of Windows Server, or something isn't right in terms of software in your laptop, or in Windows Server itself. Maybe...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ennio

ennio Guest

Try the Web edition.

8. santoshcoolhere

Jan 3, 2009
    i have evrythng right guys nd i am way ahead the minimum requirements.....also the dvd of windows server 2008 is the original one that i got frm my university......i even tried windows home server but still no luck........ya but windows server 2003 is working....so i guess i'll have to finish my project with dat..........thnk you guys for ur valuble advices...............:)

9. ennio

ennio Guest

You are welcome.