Help pls bad flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kill_us_now, Dec 15, 2013.

1. kill_us_now

kill_us_now MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2013
    Hello,im not sure if this is the correct forum but didnt find anything like "help".

So i tried to flash an update for an ecs-rc415t-m2 motherboard....the system boots and i have screen post "checksum bad, press f1 to set date" , i press f1 enter on the bios set date click save and exit but the same post repeats everytime "checksum bad, press f1 to set date".

The bios is ami r01-a0, i have tried the recovery things like put the AMIBOOT.ROM in a cd, and in a usb flash, but it doesnt work, i press ctrl+ home and it makes 2 beeps and then the screen goes to no signal....

Please help i dont have cash for a new mobo and i think this should be fixable :(

2. goldfinger

goldfinger MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Did you load BIOS defaults settings and then save the settings? Maybe the coin cell battery died and needs replacement?

Another trick that may or may not work is to remove one stick of RAM. It will cause the BIOS to show a memory changed message and allow you to boot for you to flash your old BIOS back.

I can't find that motherboard on the ECS site. So I can't find the BIOS. Is it only for the Korean market? The recovery filename might not be AMIBOOT.ROM for your BIOS. For ECS it is sometimes the model of the board.

3. kill_us_now

kill_us_now MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2013
    IT wont save settings, the battery is new. The problem is im idiot and noob and tried to flash from windows with @bios, the flash was bad obviously.

The only time it tried to boot showed some kind of nvram checksum, but it didnt do it again.

In my research of all day opened the bios with hex editor and found amiboot rom text, so the name is correct isnt it?

Yes its corean.... a pretty bad mobo but its the only thing i have, and i cant really afford new mobo+newrams+new cpu :(
    Pls help i need to fix this really.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    usually needs floppy disk

5. kill_us_now

kill_us_now MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2013
    So recovery will just not work with cd and usb no matter what? when i push crt home the cd rom drive starts reading.... but screen goes to no signal then it stops reading and nothing happens, shall i just stop trying and wait to get a floppy?

6. kill_us_now

kill_us_now MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2013
    I have got a floppy but seems like it wont acces to it...i press control home but wont access to it either....pls help...

7. kill_us_now

kill_us_now MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2013
    hi, noone seems to care lol.

Anyway there it goes what worked for me, when i was about to give up after 3 days of researching i read somewhere that start without keyboard would make a "check nvram" thing, and yes it did! i quit keyboard and the system started and xp booted..... now i only have to correctly flash the bios, good luck.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try from dos with autoexec.bat