[Help] Script for pre-installing Bash/Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by kal, Sep 14, 2017.

1. kal

kal MDL Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hello

I'm looking for a way to preinstall bash/ubuntu on my custom windows 10. I've already enabled Developer mode & feature Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux. But, on a fresh install, when type bash, it downloads ubuntu and install it.

I would like to find a way to preinstall bash and avoid the need to download ubuntu the first time I type bash.

Any ideas ? :)

2. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    #3 Chibi ANUBIS, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    1) To add packages to an offline image by using DISM

Type the following command to mount the offline Windows image.
    Code:
    Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:c:\images\myimage.wim /Index:1 /mountdir:c:\test\offline

To service an offline image, specify the location of the mounted image directory. For example, type:
    Code:
    Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Get-Features

(You can use >featurelist.txt to redirect the output of the command to a text file that is named featurelist.)

To service an offline image, specify the location of the mounted image directory. For example, type:
    Code:
    Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:[NAME OF THE APP FEATURES] /All

(Here is SubSytem Linux)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chibi ANUBIS

Apr 28, 2014
    #4 Chibi ANUBIS, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    2) To preinstall a Microsoft Store-signed app by using the Dism.exe tool

Add the app to the mounted image. Use the /PackagePath option and the /DependencyPackagePath option to specify the location of the folder containing all of the unpacked files and the dependency files from the Microsoft Store package. /PackagePath should specify the root folder for the extracted folders. The root folder contains the license.xml, AUMIDs.txt, and all of the package files. At the command prompt, type:
    Code:
    Dism /Image:c:\test\offline /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:c:\downloads\appxpackage /DependencyPackagePath:c:\downloads\appxpackagedependency

Save changes and unmount the image. At the command prompt, type:
    Code:
    Dism /Unmount-Image /mountdir:c:\test\offline /commit

You need to get the Ubuntu APPX, follow this tutorial : https://www.maketecheasier.com/download-appx-files-from-windows-store/