Help! slui.exe gives me a BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by albokid2468, Jul 18, 2010.

1. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    Hey there, whenever I play an online video game, it gives me a BSOD, 5 times, and all 5 times in the middle of the game, I get a BSOD.

After days of searching, I have found out which files are broken, there are 2:

slui.exe
    sppcomapi.dll

After searching what slui.exe is, I thought it might be that I have a cracked copy of Windows, which I cracked with removeWAT, from this site.

I have no idea what to do now.. I was playing 10 minutes ago, and it BSOD'd again.

What should I do?

Some extra info:
    This is Windows 7 Ultimate x86
    I cracked it months ago, but the error started popping up now.
    I'm certain that those two files are the ones causing this.
    For some stupid reason the following occurs, windows tells me this copy of windows isn't Genuine, in the bottom right corner, and when I go to the my PC info page, it tells me that it IS genuine, and when I close that page, the text is removed.. It's like I have to remind it or something..

Can you please help?

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    do a upgrade. it will rewrite you os and restore all the system files. but keep you programs and documents.

HERES HOW

1. Start Windows 7, and log on to an administrator account.

2. Disable any 3rd party firewall, antivirus, or other security program to avoid it from possibly preventing the repair upgrade installation of Windows 7.

3. Place your Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD drive, while still in Windows 7 (Step 1), and click on the Run setup.exe option in the AutoPlay window from within the currently installed Windows 7. (See screenshot below)
    NOTE: If the AutoPlay window does not open, then open the drive folder in Computer and run the setup.exe file.

4. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.

5. Click on the Install Now button to start the installation.
    6. Uncheck the I want to help make Windows installation better box (unless you would like to ), and click on the Go online to get the latest updates for installation option
    7. Windows 7 will now check online for and install any available installation updates.
    8. Check the I accept the license terms box and click on Next
    9. Click on the Upgrade option.
    10. The installation of Windows 7 will now begin. (See screenshot below)
    NOTE: During the installation process, your screen may flash and computer will restart a few times
    11.Uncheck the Automatically activate Windows when I'm online box unchecked, then click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
    NOTE: You can activate Windows 7 later after you make sure it is running properly. (See step 20 below)
    If you chose to automatically activate Windows online when you set up your computer, automatic activation begins trying to activate your copy of Windows three days after you log on for the first time.
    12.Click on Use recommended settings.
    13.Select your time zone and set your time and date settings, then click on the Next button
    14. Click on the option for your computer's location to select the correct network location type settings to be applied for that location.
    NOTE: It is best to select Public location for the best security.
    15.Windows 7 will now prepare your desktop to startup.
    16.Check to see if you are missing any user files. If you are, then you can copy them from the C:\Windows.old or the hidden protected operating system C:\$INPLACE.~TR and C:\WINDOWS.~Q backup folders
    17.If everythig checks out in step 18, then you can run Disk Cleanup (step 6 at this link). You will need to click on the Clean up system files button first, and then check the Files discarded by Windows upgrade, Previous Windows installations, and Windows upgrade log files boxes.
    NOTE: This will delete the C:\Windows.old, C:\$INPLACE.~TR and C:\WINDOWS.~Q folders from step 18 above.
    18. When done, all you will need to do is to activate Windows 7, and make sure that your security programs are enabled again.

That's it,

4. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    How do I remove RemoveWAT?

I downloaded the latest version, because I don't have the version that I used 6 months ago or something.

And when i open it, it says
    XXXX://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5055/removey.jpg

Should I click remove wat, then the thing on the bottom?

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Just download the new one, then use the uninstall tool, the the wat fix tool by daz and you should be all good to go. I don't think you will need to do the upgrade like that other guy said.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    Where is the uninstall tool?

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It is a part of removeWAT dude, you should see the option when you open removeWAT.

8. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    XXXX://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5055/removey.jpg
    That's all that shows up.. Do you mean click on remove wat?

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Install that version of removeWAT then reboot, then click the button that is greyed out right now because it would say "Restore WAT" and it will uninstall RemoveWAT

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Post the crash-dump and I can tell you what went wrong.

11. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    I know what went wrong. After everything, I used the sfc /scannow, and the 2 files above were corrupted and s**t.

Anyways.. after everything, it says this version of windows is NOT genuine?
    lol wut?

12. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    EDIT:
    WHOOOOOOO. NEVER MIND. WORKS NOW!!! WHOOOA!

Sweetness!

Thanks so much.

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Your welcome, What did you do to fix it though?

14. albokid2468

albokid2468 MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    Well, what happened was:
    That windows was activated after the wap_fix. But I did the loader either way, when I hit it to activate, it dissapeared, then I came back here to see for updates, and in the middle of typing something, a pop up came up telling me it finished. I guess me typing hit the button which said cancel, in stead of restart. So I hit the loader again and did uninstall, and let it finish. Restart then install the loader, then 1 more restart then went to the site which said genuine.

Again, thank you so much.

15. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Ok, nice. Whatever happened. I am glad to hear that you are activated and genuine now.