HELP! sppsvc doing weird thing to my laptop!

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Mr.Sir, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    #1 Mr.Sir, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    I'll make this simple, been using win 8.1 with kmspico for a while now...no problems so far until few days ago i've installed some updates from ms...i usually don't download any updates with any "protection/licence" in the description. that was a few days ago...only today my laptop began going to sleep and freezing randomly....i checked event viewr...it said "thermal event" so trusting it.....i blew the vents with my mouth a complete idiot. tried reinstalling kmspico (latest) but the problem persisted....somehow i instinctively knew....... and stopped the sppsvc service...AND aLL IS WELL now...no "Thermal Events"......but, sppsvc keeps running againg...i have to stop it again....i tried disabling it and deleting the service(via admin cmd) it still says access denied...how do i stop this permanently? any thing to do with kmspico?
    am i missing something? pls answer...i'm now always keeping the Sppsvc properties dialog box on my desktop always....just to make sure to keep it stopped....see.... not an elegant solution. pardon my english. :D

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Why not just disable the service?

Press <Win> 'R' and type services.msc

Choose the standard tab at the bottom of the page.

Scroll down to SPP notification service and select it. Right-click, choose "Properties", choose 'Disable', apply and exit.

Reboot to test it. :)

Hope this helps,

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    i said i tried disabling it..but the option is greyed out. i've even tried with cmd with admin rights to disable and delete it. it's still saying "access denied". anyway thnx for the reply.

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #4 Michaela Joy, Apr 18, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    #5 Mr.Sir, Apr 18, 2015
    (OP)
    hey thank you. yeah that KungFu script seems to be working....as that op said this sppsvc was messing with my streaming too.....but it wasn't completely absorbing the bandwidth...just periodically..... may be that was downloading "digital licences" and enforcing them....who knows..i'm a noob...i used an x64 iso from win 8 ESD repository here.."IR3_CPWMCA_X64FRER_en-US_DV9.iso" to be precisely..

edit: NO. That script isn't working...only i have to manually stop the service.... :(maybe i have to re install all the way and not install update...but i hope it wont make my machine freeze again. it's weird why sppsvc gave me a "thermal sleep"..