Help! SSD filling up with drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JBenal, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009

Attached Files:

• dse.png
      dse.png
      File size:
      30.7 KB
      Views:
  4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I haven't installed Insider updates.

5. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    That might be one cause of your problem...add permission for your user and/or admin to the FileRepository folder, or run the program with NSudo

6. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I ran it as Trusted Installer with NSudo and still I get Access Denied! Wow - what have I done? :oops:

7. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I checked two full Macrium backups and it looks like DriverStore and Installer have been super bloated since I installed LTSC.

8. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    I did a full reinstall and my DriverStore and WinSxS is still very bloated. Mostly Nvidia drivers! At least now I can run DriverStore Explorer. As you can see, tons of Nvidia drivers. Most seem to be copies of the same version. Can I delete any of them?

Attached Files:

• dse.png
      dse.png
      File size:
      346.4 KB
      Views:
  9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Then You may try to reset permissions, if doesn't help try to take ownership, if also not help, make new partition, move these files to this new partition and if done, reformat this new partion. You must have for doing all this as administrator, ie You must run all procedures as administrator. It isn't enough, if You log in as administrator. All procedures must run as administrator.
    If even it doesn't help, should be something frong with Your settings or with this hard drive.
    If You using Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager, You get much help for doing this all. Also is good to use for example AOMEI Partition assistant or EaseUS Partition Master. They both have also free version, what is enough for this operation.
    Your problem is most likely caused by copying files from previus versions to new and have not been changed file permissions.