[Help] Unable to activate Windows Vista Ultimate (English)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Wonder Woman, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    @ Yen

how do I check for the Asus marker? Please explain.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I saw that you´ve made a request to mod already. Your bios got KOZIRO marker in it.

For that you´ll need KOZIRO cert to activate.

You are a clever girl! ;) China4Ever will replace KOZIRO with Asus pub-key and marker and then you´ll activate with Asus cert.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    @ Yen

I have a question: who is this KOZIRO? is KOZIRO a person or a company employed by Asus? The name KOZIRO sounds Japanese.

Why Asus does not put its own name on the motherboards it makes?

In any case, I would like to thank you for answering my posts here :)

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Honestly, I don´t know. I ´ve never heared about KOZIRO. But I think they cooperate with Asus. They could be from Taiwan like Asus.

The usual P5B bios is prepared to have SLIC, the version has a empty SLIC.
    Asus P5B Plus Vista edition is probably used for built-in-(complete)systems and sold together with Vista preinstalled.

Enjoy!

Yen (sounds Japanese, too. But I´m not:) )

7. RomanS

RomanS MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    = If nothig helps, try installing Vista without a key =

Hi Wonder Woman,

I remember reading an article about Microsoft allowing some BIOS manufacturers to use SLICS so that owners like your sister do not have to take effort either enterring product key or activating, as they have already paid for their motherboards including the price of Vista.

So I paid attention at "not have to take effort either enterring product key or activating" and remember it very well. The key to success could be:

1. Start installing Vista

2. DO NOT ENTER ANY KEY, when it pops up "...would you like to enter your product key now ?" click on "No" and the installation will proceed to next screen

3. IMPORTANT: choose Vista version exactly as assigned by your SLIC in your BIOS (your MB manufacturer will tell) - e.g. if your SLIC is for Vista Premium and you try to install Ultimate, it will not be activated !

4. If you've done all right, upon completing the installation your copy will be already activated - no effort at all is to be taken.

Please tell here how you and your sister have finally worked this out. Thank you in advance.

Roman.

8. bokkoman

bokkoman MDL Junior Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hi, with that picture you send i dont see any SLIC at all?
    You probably don't have a modded bios yet. So you need to request (if you havent already) your bios to be modded and flash it when its done.
    After that, install vista and activate it :D

BTW, Yen, your name sounds more Chinese :p

9. Vistationary

Vistationary MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2008
    The same problem

I have exactly the same problem, however, with a slightly different scenario ( I used the same activation process as Wonder Woman, by paradox). Sometime early last year, I reformatted my laptop and installed Windows Vista (I also installed Windows Xp with a partition of my hard disk). I then carefully followed the instructions which were provided and then checked if Windows had been successfully activated: Computer-->Properties: windows is activated. All was great until, I believe, when I installed the service pack (Windows Vista SP1).

I then received a window, every time I restarted my laptop, stating that I must activate Windows Vista. There are two options- Activate now (by entering a new key) or activate later (which you have to wait 15 seconds before you can click on it).

I then decided to redo the activation process. After I did, the activation window did not appear and the water mark in the bottom right-hand corner also disappeared. Looks good I thought to myself, however I then checked to see whether it was activated by going to the Properties of the Computer only to see that I have 15 days left to activate it. :confused:

Also, which confuses me further, is that the same activation process was used for my computer which is still activated even after SP1 was installed.

Any help would be highly appreciated; I am in desperate search for answers.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This thread is very old! It's not about softmod, Wonder Woman asked about her bios............
    Paradox is a softmod, Wonder Woman never tried to use it........

To avoid any softmod issue deinstall that **** and request for a real bios mod....

Yen = ¥ = Japanese, means round.....or round item
    Yuan = Chinese :p:D

11. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    @Vistationary,

I didn't see anywhere that she was using PARADOX.

The PARADOX soft mod is not compatible with SP1. If you do some research you will find that SP1 specifically looks for the PARADOX crack and prevents Vista activation if it is found.

I would suggest you post a request (in the proper thread) for a proper BIOS mod.

12. nplong

nplong MDL Novice

May 4, 2009
    hi Yen
    I use acer aspire 4935, vista ultimate. when i installed vista, i have 30 days trial. After i use your command: "slmgr -re.rm" , it only 3 days left. what wrong ?
    help me please.

13. theoilyone

theoilyone MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    turn off system restore

Turn off system restore