Help unattended

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by laddanator, Oct 27, 2009.

1. laddanator

laddanator MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Having trouble with the specialize pass to load random PC name and its a product key issue I have a Home Basic SLP key in the file but I need a universal key because I load on any given day the 4 diff versions. Dont want a key that will activate because I use a tool I made to load the right cert and legall product key just need a key that will allow this be affective but will work on all 4 versions. Or is there a better way to load a random computer name during install

2. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    What 4 different versions?

Home premium, Professional, Ultimate etc?

There isn't such a key.The keys are sku specific, different for each version, but not brand specific.

3. laddanator

Oct 13, 2009
    Yes the 4 diffrent version Basic etc, and I understand that each key for that version locks it to that version but I remember reading something last year about a non activatable product key just for the install purpose. Not worth making 4 diff DVD just to load random PC name. Thanks for the reply

4. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    You could just not enter the key and you'll be fine. I personally have no knowledge about a universal pk.

5. laddanator

Oct 13, 2009
    Key

I have tried to do this with out a key but it fails to go into specialize mode and I read that the proper key must be present in order to work. I have a Basic key in the file and if I load basic it works but if I load Ultimate it fails and I know the key thing is to blame.

6. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Attach the answer file please. I want to take a look.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not possible you do get windows 7 install keys i,e you can install windows 7 for testing normally an ultimate key, any ways if you are trying to do work you should be installing and then running sysprep.:)

8. laddanator

Oct 13, 2009
    Answer File

kukubau wrote
    I will get that attached today