Help - Universal Install Media

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by unknown_jb, Aug 5, 2015.

1. unknown_jb

unknown_jb MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Hi everyone, I am a newbie at this form. My apologies in advance, but I am having an issue and was wondering if someone can please provide clarity...

I am trying to create a bootable windows 7 sp1 media refresh install disc that is universal. I have downloaded the x64 sp1 home premium media refresh untouched iso from this forum. I then used the ei.cfg removal utility and flashed the iso using rufus to a thumb drive. However, once set up starts I am not presented with option to choose which version of windows I desire to install only home premium... ;)

Note: I am using an HP Laptop which had genuine home premium installed on it originally.

Thanks

2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014

What did you use to edit the iso? UltraISO works best for me.

Just open it in UltraISO delete ei.cfg from sources dir and click save.

Always worked for me.

Also, what ISO did you use?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. unknown_jb

unknown_jb MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    I did not use any program other than the ei.cfg tool in particular to edit the iso.

Update:
    I guess the tool does not work or it may of been the iso I was using prior to downloading the X17-58997 from this forum. I manually delted the ei.cfg file from the usb drive rebooted and sure enough I now have install choice.:biggrin:

Would downloading a recently integrated windows 7 ultimate and deleting the ei.cfg file allow me to install home premium which in turn would be up to date with security patches or would those only apply to ultimate version?

Thanks again

4. unknown_jb

unknown_jb MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Can you please provide a link to those who build trusted integrated versions from this forum?

5. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. unknown_jb

unknown_jb MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Although it appears more complicated, I guess using the simplex pack at the moment is my only option given no WUD list update since March..

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ unknown_jb if using Rufus then once it has made bootable usb thumbdrive and copied windows files you can then just delete ei.cfg file from sources folder same as you can copy install wim from sources update it with simplix pack then copy updated install.wim back to sources on thumbdrive also when doing that add $oem$ folder from mult oem project. :rolleyes: