Help! Vista Detected non genine, how to fix?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jper101, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Jper101

Jper101 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2007
    Hello all,

I have recently run into a world of trouble with my Vista Ultimate. I have absolutely no clue how my system get detected as not genuine.

When i first installed vista (i think around 3 weeks after it first was released) I used the time stop crack, and it worked perfectly. Then i started to read about the bios emulation method, so, i also used that because it made my system actually seem activated and not just running on the 30 days.

This is where things start to get tricky. I dual boot Leopard and Vista, i recently installed a program called parallels so i could run both Vista and Leo at the same time. But, in doing so, it messed up my graphics card driver (PNY 6600 PCI-E 256mb). So i booted in safe mode, and uninstalled the video cards driver. That worked fine, so when i booted into Vista it was working again (I could see the login screen, i was getting the BSOD before). Then when i logged in though it said something to the effect of "your 30 day trial period is up" please enter your activation key" and in the bottom right corner of the screen it says "this version of windows is not genuine". Then a box popped up about my video cards driver needed to be installed so i clicked ok. But now when ever i boot up in windows normally i get the BSOD then in safe mode it tells me that i must boot normally to activate, and it locks me out so i cant fix my video card problem.

I did not install service pack 1 on it, however now I'm wishing i could because then i would still be able to use my computer rather then being completely locked out.

Does any one have any clue how to fix this? Not the video card part ( i can handle that) but how i can gain access to my system?

So i guess my basic question is, how can i reactivate my system once it has been detected non genuine and locked me out?

I do have access to its file system in Leopard.

I guess my last desperate act will be to reinstall....

P.S. sorry if what i wrote seems confused, I'm still in shock... :eek:

Thanks for any help!

~My budget Build P.C. (Extremely Budget..)~
    E6300 Core2Duo
    ECS PT890T-A
    PNY Verto GeForce 6600 PCI-E
    1Gb DDR2
    Vista Ultimate & Leopard

2. jonnycab

jonnycab MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2007
    found this elsewhere on the board, haven't tried it myself:

General reactivation method:

1) Open Internet Browser
    2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
    3) Find the file CMD.exe
    4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
    5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
    7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9) Type net start slsvc
    10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    11) Reboot Twice