help vista home premium-Non-Geniune!!??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dlinkb, Jan 19, 2008.

1. dlinkb

dlinkb MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2008
    my vista home premium was detected as "Non-Genuine", i bought my comp from HP and for some reason it isn't genuine, is there a way i could make it genuine?

2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    why don't you contact HP..or contact Microsoft and give them the information if HP doesn't want to stand behind a Microsoft Product they sold you....or is this another Paul Harvey and we have yet to hear 'The Rest of the Story'

3. dlinkb

dlinkb MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2008
    well i actrually bought it from circuit city, but it was a hp comp

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I'd also contact MS. It's their product and they offer a genuinity test. So why not using this option?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dlinkb

dlinkb MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2008
    #5 dlinkb, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
    (OP)
    um...my bro tried to make it genuine and screwed up the slui.exe file, can some1 give me a exe of slui tat has the telephone activation? i got the folder needed for it just not the exe
    so i think i need the exe so when i call the 1-866 number(US) i know what to do

6. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    this gets better and better...you need to either contact Circuit City...or call Microsoft's 800 number and explain your sitution..but you might try and restore your computer back to OEM with the restore CD or the restore partition that HP usually has...seems your not telling the whole situation or your brother is pulling a fast one...LOL

7. dlinkb

dlinkb MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2008
    but then wouldn't it be easier to just dl it, i know how to replace it

8. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    #8 jroc, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
    download anything you want...just know that doing so you 'void' any support and possible warranty because your computer is no longer OEM as purchased. I sure that when you purchased your computer the pre-installed home premium was activated..what you did after that probably already voided your warranty....if you know your Bio's is HP SLIC and mapped into memory then sure you can download any version of Vista and install the HP.xrm-ms and matching Key for the version....but this is all done at your own risk..just like others are taking that same risk.