Help Win 7 OEM 64 bit Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hgen, Sep 20, 2011.

1. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    I bought an OEM Win 7 64 version about a year ago and on Sep 1 this year Windows started rebooting telling me I have an Evaluation Copy etc. I phoned Microsoft and they told me nothing in pigeon english and told me they don't advise OEM products etc so I'm completely in the dark as to whether my copy is legit or not? If not, can I bypass the blue screen of death every 2 hours etc. Thanks in advance, you guys are so cool!

2. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    I tried this twice already but still cuts to "end of NT evaluation period" blue screen of death. I bought my Windows for $60 so this really gives me the s**ts. My desktop build says evaluation copy Build 7601 but I got a oem disc and serial number. Has anyone else had this problem?

3. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    OK, I think I used service pack 1 beta and now its not showing that its installed ie to uninstall it!! System Restore and Media Center is stuffed too so I think I'll have to do a new install. Is there a Tut to save all my settings so I can transfer after a new install?

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    try window easy transfer, it is built in. Just type it in the search box:D

5. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    After searching a bit I learned that anyone who downloaded Win 7 SP1 beta is faced with the Sep 1 deadline and most ppl like me accidentally deleted the install package due to Microsoft using a Temp folder for a system file install, the result being that most ppl are unable to uninstall SP1 beta and have to do clean Win 7 install!! Which I did with easy transfer and your info, so thanks for everyones help, you ppl are fricken awesome!!