help,win store app not working after 8.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pauldamo, Oct 18, 2013.

1. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i upgraded to win 8.1 from the store on my 3 computers,they are all legitimate installations of pro,and now the store app crashes on 2 of my computers,i can see the live tile working,but when i click it opens and just goes away,but i can still see it up on the left side with running apps as if it's open,but every time i click it just goes away,have tried the apps fix and the accounts fix,it says it can't verify my account and to go to store and sync and verify,but i can't get into store to do that,i've signed in with microsoft account and local account,the computer that store is working on is a local account,this is driving me nuts,i hope someone can help me,please.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    heard about that issue and was solved with updating graphic driver which was outdated for 8.1. They used the generic Windows driver first, had the problem and then they installed latest driver from manufacturer and all went fine

3. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    #3 pauldamo, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    (OP)
    i just created a new account on my laptop and now the store app works,but it didn't save my files and programs,i can get away with it on my laptop,but geez my desktop has the boys games some 11g that have to be downloaded from steam,and that computer has the latest nvidia driver,so it's seems it's something to do with the account,is their away to reset the account tied to the computer without losing all my programs?

4. Hng55

Hng55 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2012
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_store/just-updated-to-windows-81-and-the-windows-store/c4cf204d-bd99-426c-b800-9c9125ae739c

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #5 PaulDesmond, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    Please run the following in a Command Window to re-register the Store app:
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

edit: if you encounter some apps not to respond after that procedure you should uninstall them and reinstall. Then they work properly

6. CatNoise

CatNoise MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2011
    Not working for me.