Help: Win7 won't recognize Intel Pro/1000T Server Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigG, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BigG

BigG MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I installed an Intel Pro/1000T server adapter in my Win7 box, and system found a new device "Ethernet". But when I tried to install the device driver (from Intel "PROWIN732.exe), the installation failed. Got error message that "System did not find an Intel device".

What could be the problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks very much.

2. Animeniac

Animeniac MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    You can 'force' it to install the drivers. Use WinRAR to extract PROWIN732.exe to a location of your choosing -> open up device manager-> right-click on the device -> select update driver software -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of drivers" -> click on the "Have Disk.." button -> "Browse" -> go to where you extracted the files and find the .inf file(s) for your device. Should be in "extracted location"\PROWIN732\PRO1000\Win32\NDIS62

3. BigG

BigG MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks for your rquick response.

I tried many times as you mentioned above, but Win7 won't take the driver, says something like "could not find proper driver", etc.

4. Animeniac

Animeniac MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
  5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I would check to see if Intel supports it on Windows 7. Intel has been known to make things work for Server but not for Client.