Help Windows 8.1 Pro WMC 9600 wont accept activation keys

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by imru, Sep 22, 2013.

1. imru

imru MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    #1 imru, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You have to use a Genuine Pro WMC Key, if you have one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Please mask your key's!

It's against the forum rules to post complete key's!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You cannot install directly to ProWMC using just a ProWMC key. You have to first install Pro, activate it, then upgrade to ProWMC and activate.
    Then you can save the activation files (C:\windows\system32\spp\store\2.0\data.dat and tokens.dat)

On fresh install, you overwrite the old data.dat and tokens.dat and set your product key.

5. imru

imru MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    I don't have a genuine key, can't I activate for now at all? Is there'nt another way?

Sorry, I don't know how to mask so I replaced with x.

6. imru

imru MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    Thanks a lot looks like i am going to re-install o_O

but I didn't understand saving activation files? I dont have any backed up because I had not installed any windows 8 or 8.1 before

please give me a sequence of fresh installation.

7. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I just did. Install fresh pro, activate, upgrade to prowmc, activate.

8. imru

imru MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you but Can you link me the post of correct procedure please. I just read a lot of threads and I am so confused :(

9. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm not being coy man.
    You really have to do them in that order. There's no trick about it. There's no way around the legit activation method to generate legit activation files.

10. phiphi106

phiphi106 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2013
    i have the same problem, my 8.1 pro cannot be activated, then I add WMC key and it accepts to upgrade, but then it's still un activated. Now, any key added come to the same result: This is None Core edition, the key is invalid, the Office is also :(

11. Baghi

Baghi MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Do this (tried few nights ago and it still works):
    • Grab one of those untouched Win 8.1 Pro RTM ISO files.
    • Burn them onto a thumb drive or in an empty DVD disk.
    • Install using generic key for Win 8.1 Pro.
    • Afterwards, install one of the pastebin key using slmgr -ipk YOUR-PRODUCT-KEY-HERE
    • Disconnect from internet, and type slui 4 select United Kingdom.
    • Reconnect to the internet and call Toll-free UK number via Skype.
    • Follow instructions and followed by enter your ID you get underneath the UK Toll-free number.
    • Once done filling the required fields, it'll then, give an ID and some more instruction.
    • Success!

Note1: Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT skip any instruction if you're not familiar with this process.
    Note2: Do NOT make too many mistakes; though, if you've difficulties hearing the code given by the machine, you can use the repeat options as many times as you like.

Additional steps:
    If you already have a LEGIT M$ Windows Media Center promotional key, it'd be icing on the cake! Install that feature with the help of said key and if it says "not activated", simply click "Activate" button and you'll be activated.

All the best, and don't forget to backup your activation for future use.