help with BIE and dual boot pls!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by EddieX, Sep 10, 2008.

1. EddieX

EddieX MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    #1 EddieX, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
    Hi! could someone guide me in the right direction?
    I don't know what I'm doing or should be doing and its very frustrating, this is day 2 i spend guessing.

I had a psychical disk with 2 partitions, one XP and one Vista64 it worked fine for one year. 2 days ago I got this message when trying restart

------------
    acpi
    Vista Loader 2.1.2

Done!
    fallback 1
    find -- set - root /bootmgr

Error 17: File not found
    Booting "Windows NT/2000/XP"

fallback 2
    find --set root /ntldr

Booting "Enter Command Line"

Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

-------------

with help of a Vista DVD in DOS I could get into XP again. From there I deleted the vista partition and installed this Vista release.

"Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x64.SP1.Integrated.August.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE"

I installed it and everything looked fine. After first automatic reboot Vista was still not activated but then after the second reboot and suposidly last automatic reboot after installation, this comes up again:

-------------
    acpi
    Vista Loader 2.1.2

Done!
    fallback 1
    find -- set - root /bootmgr

Booting "Windows NT/2000/XP"

fallback 2
    find --set root /ntldr

Booting "Enter Command Line"

Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

I went in DOS with help of the dvd typed "c:" and "bootrec /fixboot"
    Now I got back the dual boot-menu and could again access both XP and Vista. But, Vista is not activated and I have 29 days to activate Vista says.

Seems like when Vista is about to validate and restarts somehow the system don't recognize the boot-order because of the "Vista Loader"...

Could someone point me in the right direction pls? :confused:

-Dual Boot PC, XP/Vista (same drive, 2 partitions)

-Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x64.SP1.Integrated.August.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE

-Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 latest bios version (F8).

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for PM, but I'm sorry I don't know.......

I know that grub bootloader behaves sometimes in a stange way. I've used grub to apply flagmax' WoW patch..........

It's strange that it suddenly stopped to work.....disabled by M$ update?? Why don't you use a bios mod and a original version of Vista, without softmod??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...