Help with creating a Windows 7 OEM disk.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jarun, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    #1 Jarun, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    Might not be able to. I used Win 7 ultimate, but was going to use enterprie for the restore CD. Going to test first.

4. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    actually I think this is what I need :biggrin:

well to actually show you the thread I need 20 posts >.>

5. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    ok, I'm just going to post so I can post what I wanted to post.

6. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    Ok, link included. Does anyone know of any programs that can simplify this process?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Have you checked my suggestion above?? :rolleyes:

8. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    #8 Jarun, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    (OP)
    yes I did mr.eye-roller. And what you linked to is another automated scrip installer, not something to create a specific oem disk for a specific slic bios install.

9. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    updated previous post.

10. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I find it amazing the amount of respect you give to someone who has helped thousands of people. Tito pointed you in the right direction. You were just expecting an easy answer. Read and do the work to fit it to your specific needs.:doh:

11. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    #11 Jarun, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    (OP)
    Wow... Thank you! I love being amazing! You are amazing too :biggrin:

But sarcasm aside... he rolled his eyes. All I did was state that and you bite my head off? I know he was trying to be helpful, but it is exactly what I said I had already found did not want, in my original post... So if anything I should have been rolling my eyes... but I didn't and I didn't flame him. I just restated my question.

You're presumption is also just as amazing as I was not expecting an easy answer... I was just checking to see if anyone knew of one :) Or atleast an easy"er" answer. And I did read through what he linked (did you?) That is how I discovered it is another script installer. It doesn't much help in the way of what I was asking. I want to do just one think that the script does. The thread that was linked instructs how to install the script, it does not explain how the script works (in the precise terms that I need in order to replicate it).

I have, however, found out how the script does what I want to do and am in the middle of manually doing it. I found the instructions from the links I included... What I am asking for is if anyone knows of a program that will make this simpler instead of me having to do everything manually. Things such as this exist for XP, but not for win 7 as far as I can tell. Unless one of you knows of something.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007