help with full screen on secondary display (tv)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kixeon, Sep 6, 2016.

1. kixeon

kixeon MDL Novice

May 5, 2015
    Hi everybody,
    after upgrading to Redstone I'm having a problem getting full screen with my IPTV app on my secondary display (LG TV). When I try to get full screen, application goes full screen but on my primary display (pc monitor). This is only a problem with my IPTV app, PotPlayer on the other hand work perfecty. PC ant TV are connected via HDMI and everything was working just fine before upgrade.
    Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cavke

cavke MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    But what if he wants to use PC monitor for something else? :) Why he can't use extend option, and use both displays for different purpose?

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kixeon

kixeon MDL Novice

May 5, 2015
    Yes I can, but when I set extend option then I got a problem from post #1 :)

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    that sounds like a driver issue or your video hardware has problems handling multiple displays....have u tried checking with the vendor or in their forums to see if that issue is common in that video card?

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #7 lobo11, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Go to device manager, uninstall driver for video card and reboot, it will reinstall driver on reboot, see if that works, if not go to video cards home page, download driver for your card to desktop, go back to device manger, uninstall video driver again, install new driver you downloaded to desktop, reboot see if that works, if that does not work try and run a diagnostic test on video card to see if it is a hardware problem. Always uninstall drivers from device manager.:D

After uninstalling driver in device manager, the way to keep driver from being reinstalled on reboot is unplug Ethernet cable from computer before reboot.:D

You can also try to rollback driver if not grayed out.