Help with going legit... Win7 family pack upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spdsl, Sep 26, 2010.

1. spdsl

spdsl MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2010
    I am running Win7 premium using the Windows loader (Many thanks Daz). The Win7 premium upgrade family pack is up for sale again and I figured I would go legit and pay homage to Bill :worthy: for a fine product after that Vista debacle. Long story short...I am going legit. :eek:

My question is how will I change, add, activate my legit win7 family pack product key over the current copy of win7 with the loader? I have searched google and I am told to click on the change product key under System and Security > System but that option or shortcut is not available. Thank you

2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
  3. billgates-suck

billgates-suck MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    You need to uninstall Daz loader then change your product key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Still, with Daz loader you have to Windows Activation part in the picture in post 2...if thats gone on his computer he have used something else then the loader from Daz. And you don't need to uninstall the loader from Daz before you changes the keys, I have tried that, and there is no problem changing your system from OEM-SLP to Retail, without uninstalling the loader.

5. spdsl

spdsl MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2010
    Interesting and thank you for your help. I have only used the Daz loader but it could be that my copy of Win7 has been altered in some way. I have a old laptop that I might just put win7 on and see what it shows with a virgin install.

6. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    i think that if it's working fine with the loader and you own a legit key, just leave the loader and continue using it. You are morally reliefed since you know you're not cheating and actually do own a legit copy but would rather not go through the hassle of activation.

At the end of the day, you want to use a fully functional system, and MS wants your moneh......simple :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. spdsl

spdsl MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2010
    No guarantee that my copy is a original rtm .iso.. Thanks for the link.

That thought has crossed my mind. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If something changes in the future with the loader not functioning properly I still have a legit product to fall back on.