Help with HP m7-n109dx

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by soundprizm, Jan 19, 2016.

1. soundprizm

soundprizm MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello,

I am trying to mod my HP m7-n109dx Insyde BIOS. Through reading through a bunch of forums, and tinkering around, I have been able to extract my current BIOS from the EFI partition, open it up with EZH2O, edit the default setup menus, and save the BIOS file. When I try to flash, I receive a signature error (obviously there's a signature file check, which seems to be a .sig file). How would I go about flashing the modded BIOS? Am I going about this wrong?

My motherboard seems to have incorrect SATA settings which prevents my M.2 SSD slot from functioning. I'd love to have my BIOS settings unlocked, but am settling to just manually change the default settings in the BIOS and flash. Any feedback and/or information would be greatly appreciated!

-Manufacturer: HP
    -Motherboard Model: 80E6 (laptop model: m7-n109dx)
    -Bios revision: F.25A
    -Bios Type: Insyde BIOS
    -Bios Download Link: ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74326.exe
    -Bios SLIC: HP 2.1

If anyone is willing to help, I can give whatever information or files they need (rw report, unencrypted BIOS file.etc.). Just let me know! Thanks!!

2. soundprizm

soundprizm MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2016
    Does anyone know about jumpers on laptop motherboards? Since there is no way to do a mod or manually set anything with my BIOS, it seems my only choice is to use a SPI programmer; however, I came across two jumpers on my motherboard: JME1 & JCMOS1. Does anyone know what the JME1 is used for? After searching a bit, it looks like it has something to do with Intel ME--perhaps a mode change or something--but I have no idea on how to use it properly. Anyone know?

JME1-jumper.jpg