Help with lenovo key pirated copy issue.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Moosestache, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Moosestache

Moosestache MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Hi, I am trying to figure out what my options are. Last night I downloaded the newest windows update and this morning I found I was flagged for a pirated copy of windows ultimate 7 64. I installed this version on my computer when it first came out, months and months ago, using the lenovo key. I have tried reading the mega threads and tried using the windows loader and I tried changing the key with the omnitool thingy. Neither seemed to do anything, I still have the black screen as well as the warning in the corner. Now I am trying to figure out what to do and any help would be appreciated.

1. If there is a way to fix this for free I would appreciate any ideas.
    2. Would burning a new copy of windows and then reinstalling it help? If I did this would I then run windows loader?
    3. Should I go out and simply buy an upgrade copy of windows 7 and install that? Will that correct things?
    A. If I do buy a new copy, do I have to buy an ultimate copy, or can I buy a professional copy and save $20? I don't need language support.

I would rather not lose everything on the hard drive if possible so a clean install would be my least favorite option.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moosestache

Moosestache MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    Thank you very much, it seems to have worked fine!