Help with memory issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by datnucca908, Jul 29, 2014.

1. datnucca908

datnucca908 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2014
    Hello,

Im new to this forum so this may be the wrong place to ask this question. I am running windows 7 and have an issue going on with my system. My computer's memory seems to be completely taken up not entirely sure how because all my large files are on my hard drive. Then when I check it for usage none of the files amount to the totality of memory taken up. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? Ive tried decompressing, deleting programs, and other things to no luck. Something is sucking up my entire memory and cant figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    #2 pamadhilwankalan, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    which memory are u talking about?? RAM or hard drive??
    1. if hard drive...i think there may be certain hidden files or hidden folders.
    go to folder options and check "show hidden files" and ok. then see if any hidden file or folder is shown. and check your existing folders too and see if there are certain hidden files or hidden sub-folders.

2. press start menu ...type %temp% in "run" and press. see if there is bulk of temp files. if any select all and delete.

3. there may be "restore points" prepared by windows. try to delete those restore points.u may use tuneup utilities to do this

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    could be a butt load of temp files too. right click your C: drive -> properties -> disc clean up

4. Pardeep

Pardeep MDL Junior Member

Jul 24, 2014
    My pc is so load of temp.files and is slow working. Thanks for the advices deleting the temp files. My pc is working fast no slow