Help with Office 2013 installation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by sxhilkxdxm, Sep 17, 2020.

1. sxhilkxdxm

sxhilkxdxm MDL Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Hello ,
    I am currently looking for Office 2013 ISO.
    I aim to primarily use the three main office components , Word Excel PowerPoint

The thing is ,
    I am unable to find clear instructions for 2013 version

I have used YAOCTRI/U tools are installed 2016 , 2019 on two systems .

How do I get the newest iso and proceed to install the 2013 version with proper activation

Also ,
    What are your recommendations on choosing an Office version for basic use , not tied to 365 like 2016 or 2019 are.
    No frills completely offline edition

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. sxhilkxdxm

sxhilkxdxm MDL Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Go for the VL ISOs.

5. Michadeon

Michadeon MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2013
    Hi, everyone. Using this thread to ask a probably newbie question, apologies if it has been answered elsewhere.

What other differences are there between the Retail and Volume versions of Office 2013, besides the multiple volume license attribute?
    If I were to install, and license, VL Office on a single computer, do I benefit from it in any way? I keep reading that the VL suffers from license issues.

I mainly ask because people (in this forum and elsewhere) seem to greatly prefer the VL version.

6. mukke

mukke MDL Novice

May 2, 2014
    Quote from readme of Microsoft Toolkit (obsolete these days):
    Beneficial might be Microsoft’s Office Customization Tool, which allows you to create MSP files that automate and customize Microsoft Office setup. This is a powerful deployment tool but only works on Volume editions.
    NOTE: Retail Microsoft Office nags you for activation on startup, so don't use Retail. You can stop this by using Volume Edition and using KMS Product Key.

7. Michadeon

Michadeon MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2013
    Thank you kindly :) .