help with some slic/slp consequences

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jorno, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jorno

jorno MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    I have determined the problem (with the help of someone on this site) It seems that 7loader installed a wrong slic version to my laptop. an ASUS slic, while mine should be hpqoem-mtc. I have been able install the proper slic but now a problem remains, my rsdt table is too short (60 bytes as it should be 72 of 76) I have a screen from my girl's laptop and from my own, so i know what's wrong with it... Could someone help me with restoring my laptop so i can use my hardware again...

Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Remove any loader & start again?

"...7loader installed a wrong slic version to my laptop..."

It was not the loader, it was YOU that did that

sebus

3. jorno

jorno MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    #3 jorno, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
    (OP)
    i used hazar's 7loader and he installed a slic for asus but mine's hpqoem. I had no option to chose from. Now my rsdt table is fu**ed up and i just want to know how i can replace the slic/acpi table (i can get a copy from my girlfriend)

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Loader is not permanent (as is BIOS mod)
    So just uninstall it and start again

sebus

5. jorno

jorno MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    could it be that 7loader changed my acpi table, because i don't have any activation what so ever installed atm and my rsdt table is still to short (even less: 56 bytes)

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Do you understand that 7loader is just a piece of software that emulated the SLIC?

Blow it away, start again (do you need the same sentence 3 times?)

sebus

7. jorno

jorno MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    I know it is supposed to emulate it, but somehow it's not emulated. Slic has a memoryadres in everest. I have to be honnest, i have no idea how it got there. But i even formatted my laptop after installing 7loader and it still has a memoryadress.

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I would suggest keeping the issue in this thread or the other..this one seems to be going nowhere..FYI:cool::p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...