Help with something

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lunar21, Oct 18, 2012.

1. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    If I want to use my KMS publicly, is there a way to do that? I am going thru a router and my KMS is a VM running on NAT. I remember a long time ago a service that I could use but I dont know if it is available anymore and if it is I forgot the name LOL. Can anyone help me out? The service redirected either an IP or a URL to a program installed or something like that so even if my ISP IP changed, it would still connect if someone went to that IP or URL. Is this type of service still out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    DynDNS????????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Im now having another problem. I am trying to use no-ip to make my KMS available to me outside of my network. Problem I am facing is that for some reason, even tho my port is forwarded to my VM, I am still unable to get access to my server. Please help me out, if anyone knows how, to fix this problem. Thanks

4. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Explain you network configuration Like using wirless or lan to connect . Are you able to access you VM on NAT form another box on your LAN?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Port forwarding should be done from within your Router directing the incoming traffic to the KMS Server on your VM! In No-IP you use to sign up fpr an Domain Name which will be directed to that IP and Port of your KMS Server. The Dynamic DNS Client, which you've to install on one of the computers on your physical LAN, which didn't need the computer with the VM/KMS Server, will inform NO-IP of the change of the IP if that is a case. The timing for that could be as short a 5min, depend on how you configure the DY-DNS Client. That those traffic for the KMS Server will be directed to the VM, is why you need to have that in the router's config.

Cross check all the settings and be sure that ALL are correct. And again, set ti refresh timing as low as possible!